News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

A few ribbonbars...

Hello Gentlemen,

beside some other stuff i got these Ribbonbars today and as these are the very first ones in my collection, i thought, i post them here. Also i would like to ask for your help to identify the last ribbon on the first ribbonbar.

Thanks in advance

The first one is a 10 place bar with

1. OPW 2nd class

2. Defense of Caucasus

3. Victory over Germany

4. 20 years victory

5. 30 years victory

6. 40 years victory

7. Veteran of Labor

8. 50 years Armed Forces

9. 60 years Armed Forces

10.?

• Replies 87
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Second is an 11 place bar with:

1. Order of the Red Star

2. Medal for Valiant Labor

3. Defense of Leningrad

4. Defense of Caucasus

5. Victory over Germany

6. 20 years Victory

7. 30 years Armed Forces

8. 50 years Armed Forces

9. 50 years Soviet Militia

10.Medal for 15 years Irreproachable Service

11.Medal for 10 years Irreproachable Service

And the 3rd and last for today is a nice sewn-on 11 place bar with:

1. Order of the Red Star

2. Military Merit Medal

3. Lenin Centenary Medal

4. Victory over Germany

5. 10 years Victory

6. Liberation of Warsaw

7. 30 years Soviet army and navy

8. 40 years Armed Forces

9. 50 years Armed Forces

10. 20 years Irreproachable Service

11. 15 years Irreproachable Service

Thanks for looking!

Gerd

Ahhh, yes, of course, its the 25 years Victory badge. Thanks a million, Doc. :beer: The weird placement was it, what puzzled me, but as its worn on the right breast, it makes sense :cheers:

Thanks again and very nice ribbonbar, you got there. If it needs a new home, just let me know...

Paul, thanks, glad, you like them. :beer:

best,

Gerd

Ahhh, yes, of course, its the 25 years Victory badge. Thanks a million, Doc. :beer: The weird placement was it, what puzzled me, but as its worn on the right breast, it makes sense :cheers:

Thanks again and very nice ribbonbar, you got there. If it needs a new home, just let me know...

Paul, thanks, glad, you like them. :beer:

best,

Gerd

Nice Ribbon Bars :love:

Wow I never relised that a badge could have ribon :jumping:

Order of Victory

Gerd....Doc...I hate the plastic ribbon bars...Sorry!!! Just my opinion! BUT....out of curiosity....are these in any way official issues or cases of russian ingenuity to have the perfect ribbon that does not stain (but chips instead)? Always interesting to know more....hate them or love them. :D

Re the pin for the 25 year anniversary...I of course have this pin as part of two of my groups. However, I never understood this pin. Was a 5 year anniversary not sufficient enough to merit a medal and so a pin was issued instead. Was it awarded in the same manner as the 20 and 30 year annniversary medals were? Thought I'd ask since we're on the subject....

Jim

Gerd....Doc...I hate the plastic ribbon bars...Sorry!!! Just my opinion! BUT....out of curiosity....are these in any way official issues or cases of russian ingenuity to have the perfect ribbon that does not stain (but chips instead)? Always interesting to know more....hate them or love them. :D

Re the pin for the 25 year anniversary...I of course have this pin as part of two of my groups. However, I never understood this pin. Was a 5 year anniversary not sufficient enough to merit a medal and so a pin was issued instead. Was it awarded in the same manner as the 20 and 30 year annniversary medals were? Thought I'd ask since we're on the subject....

Jim

Jim no problem, as long as i like them ;)

As far as i know, the 25 years Victory in GPW was an official Medal. I have also two groups with it and i have seen hundreds of photos, where this badge was proudly worn. I guess, the veterans just saw it like the other Jubilee Medals.

Gerd

Jim,

Different strokes for different folks. As for me, :love: I love the hand painted ribbon bars :love: I have three groups with the 25th Anniversray badge and award document. It surely has some personal value for the recipients and for the government to take the time to make an award book for it...well, that says a lot.

:beer: Doc

Aha!!! Hand painted!.......I see. ...that explains a lot. So thise ribbon bars are indeed a case of Russian ingenuity! I initially thought they were bits of coloured plastic somehow attached together to form the ribbon colours but of course painting is simpler! Duh!

Thanks for the info on the 25 year anniversary. I always had mixed feelings about it and never really considered a medal but just a pin. But having said that, although the government took the time to print a booklet and issue a pin, seems like they did not take enough time. As Ed hinted, it probably meant more to the awardees than it did to the Government. Interesting indeed.

Jim

Now that Ed mentions paper ones I recall come across them once before on Russian medals. Of course these were covered in clear plastic! One cannot imagine the paper lasting long in any rain downpour without the ever protective plastic coat.

Although ribbon bars are not my cuppa, its interesting to think there may be a few of the hand painted ones around. I'd have thought they'd definitely be an exception rather than the rule. Again.... very interesting!

Jim

I have to admit I have a soft spot for the painted ribbon bars myself. Here are two from my own collection.

Very nice, Paul. I definately need to get one with an Order of the Red Banner, as its my favourite order. If you have more to share, please go ahead.

Thanks

Gerd

• 4 weeks later...

Here are some new additions. You guys have to help me with the first two. What is the second VoG-ribbon? Can?t be an Order of Glory in this position, right?

1. Military Merit Medal

2. Lenin Centenary Medal

3. Defense of Caucasus

4. Victory over Germany

5. 20 years Victory

6. ???

7. 30 years Armed Forces

8. 40 years Armed Forces

9. 50 years Armed Forces

10. 60 years Armed Forces

11. Irreproachable Service Medal 1st class

12. Irreproachable Service Medal 2nd class

Thanks in advance

Gerd

Third new ribbonbar with a Badge of Honor

1. Order of the Badge of Honor

2. Military Merit Medal

3. Defense of Caucasus (what else :cheeky: )

4. Victory over Germany

5. 30 years Armed Forces

6. 40 years Armed Forces

7. Irreproachable Service Medal 1st class

8. Irreproachable Service Medal 2nd class

And the last one for today, a very simple one.

1. Lenin Centenary Medal

2. Victory over Germany

3. 20 years Victory

4. 30 years Victory

5. 40 years Armed Forces

6. 50 years Armed Forces

7. 60 years Armed Forces

8. Irreproachable Service Medal 2nd class

9. Irreproachable Service Medal 3rd class

Thats it for today.

Thanks for looking.

Gerd

Gerd,

The ribbon in question is for the Badge of the 25th Anniversary of Victory Over Germany in the GPW. Many Veterans wear this version (identical to VoG medal) or the stripes go from top left to bottom right diagonally.

Nice ribbon bars!!!

:beer: Doc

Edited by Riley1965