News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Fake EK doc...

• Replies 60
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Chris:

This "beauty" looks very familiar (see page 181 of "The Iron Time")! That one is almost identical, and is marked "DARESSALAM". I always thought that it looked like rubbish, and seeing the this one, I am even more convinced of it being a forgery. It is nice to see someone else who thinks the same way.

I feel sorry for the fellow that wants to spent hard-earned money on this one!

Best regards,

"SPM"

Edited by Schie?platzmeister

I`'m not into documents,so if you say it's a fake I belive you-the Ek is areally rare bird....this is the 1st time that I see one of this variation being stamped in a "box".Unfortunately the blued sheetmetal core has lost the most of the "blue" and so I think it's overpriced...Anyway,the Ek is a good one.

Micha

Amazing that people go to the trouble of forging documents that are good enough to catch out the unwary but don't bother doing simple research as described by Chris in checking the date of capitulation in Togo! I see this in WW2 documents as well. Was offered an 'improved' Fallschirmj?ger group with an EK1 document recently, handsigned by an RKT who simply wasn't anywhere near that location on or even around the date of issue...because he had been dead for three months. Would have bought it for the genuine docs had the bandit not wrecked the soldbuch by adding the EK1 entry. Well-executed signature, nonetheless!

PK

Edited by PKeating

Hello Folks:

I see that the Togoland document and EKI lot were pulled off of Ebay before they ran their course! Interesting! Maybe the seller is honest and saw this thread. Maybe it shamed him into not offering the item as it hadn't been described as a forgery. He was probably just a middle-man selling the stuff for someone else and wasn't an "expert" as others sometimes claim that they are.

In any case, it is good to see this item not be purchased by someone who thought they were buying a rare and genuine item!

Caveat Emptor!

"SPM"

• 1 month later...
    • 3 months later...
    • 5 months later...
    • 2 years later...

Was just burned on an ebay auction :-(

Still, it was worth it just to be able to document this.

It is a generic document so it could pop up with any unit on it.

The faker could change the stamp, typewriter and unit, so there is no way of knowing. Like the faked East Africa docs above, he is probably using end pages from old books....

Here is the doc....

• 2 weeks later...

:Cat-Scratch: The gibberish nonsense "signature" didn't scare you off? :catjava:

AND... you should see MY gibberish nonsense signature!!!!!

The faker strikes again..... different seller though...

http://cgi.ebay.de/100-Original-Eiserne-Kreuz-2-Klasse-Verleihungsurkunde_W0QQitemZ220529517718QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMilitaria?hash=item3358956496

I was hoping it was a one off....

Keep your eyes open for these...

AND... you should see MY gibberish nonsense signature!!!!!

The faker strikes again..... different seller though...

http://cgi.ebay.de/1...=item3358956496

I was hoping it was a one off....

Keep your eyes open for these...

I was looking at this one the other day. Didn't realize it's fake. If it had been an artilleryman, I might have been bitten. Thanks for the tip.