News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Guest Rick Research

Happily, this is EASY---

Ernst Amandeus Zschiedrich

born 26 July 1876 Nossen

Saxon army 1894 to 31 March 1920

Leutnant 29.7.96

Oberleutnant 20.5.04

Hauptmann 13.12.10

Major 21.12.16

Infantry Regiment 105 until June 1916, battalion commander October 1914 on.

Battalion commander in Landwehr Infantry Regiment 133 24.6.16 to 25.2.19

WF3a 18.3.13

St Henry-Ritter 24.11.14 for taking and holding British positions at Gheluvelt

SA3aX 31.10.14

Crown to that 25.7.17

Prussian HHOX gazetted 6.7.18

So, he is wearing the uniform of his PERMANENT regiment--105 and not the one he was actually in--L133

and this dates between May 1917 (crown to SA3aX) and when he got his HHOX in mid-1918.

Hi,

Sorry Rick V flame Next time I will be more prudent before bidding. I have now some photos with SH3. I love this photo with WF3a, this is why I have bought it.

Like always, the great Rick L has won the battle with identify the officer. He knows he's the best and he knows he will stay the best :food-smiley-004:

Merci

Christophe

Guest Rick Research

Haha! Everybody sing the "It's A Small World After All" song---

here is Generalleutnant Alfred M?ller's OTHER CHEEK from my collection via His Evilness!

He has left off all that Prussian... stomache clutter in my photo! laugh.gif

[attachmentid=4685]

and here's his medal bar from the shoulder end:

[attachmentid=4686]

It's a small, small, world.... :food-smiley-004:

Guest Rick Research

jumping jumping jumping

Odd, because most people think they have a "good side" and tend to strike the same pose for photos year after year... I guess M?ller didn't HAVE a "good side!" tongue.gif

So Christophe, who is the skinny guy with the four medal bar? What does HIS shoulder board tell us? :coola:

You have forced me to retaliate! Now, who can name this fellow? I have a large group of photos surrounding a visit he made in France at some point.... came in 2 lots, from 2 different sellers but obviously all belonging together! The Evil One was able to narrow this down to only 11 possible candidates....... but that's as far as we were able to chase him!

• 4 years later...

Hi,

New addition today about Major Zschiedrich. In fact, there is a mistake. This is not our man. Today I received same photo with name written on the back.

Major Alfred Karl Ernst Graß from I.R Nr. 105. Born 16.9.1874. He received SH3 (26.5.1915), Kr z. SA3aX (15.7.1916), SA3aX (3.7.1915), WF3a (18.3.1914) and CM (1897).

This is a great day for the research :jumping:

Christophe

Guest Rick Research

Ollllllllllllllllllllllllld thread--- 2005.

Since that Long Ago Time, of course we have now seen that Major Z got the SMK, removing him as a s uspect. :catjava:

:cheers: