News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

The Guards Museum in London

Gentlemen,

For anyone who is planning to visit London, or lives there, I would strongly recommend that you add a visit to the Guards Museum onto your agenda. It is not well advertised but is an excellent regimental museum located on Bird Cage Walk near St James Park. They have over 30 VCs on display, real ones not museum copies unlike so many other UK museums, and lots of other medals and uniforms to get the juices flowing :jumping:

One good thing is that, while the size is not huge, it is well displayed and very informative. Admission is cheap (GBP 3 if my memory is correct) and the staff are very friendly and helpful. Plan to spend about two or three hours there (depending on how closely you want to look at everything).

Cheers,

Paul

I must agree, I was there in 2002 and spent a couple of hours. It's not the Imperial War Museum or National Army Museum, but an excellent collection indeed. Kevin

And I believe it is staffed by former Guards too. The last time I was there in 2002... and there was an extremely elderly man working at the entrance, he claimed to have been a member of the Coldstream Guards. I respect my elders but thought about saying, "so you were them when they were founded?" I thought better of it.