News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Non-combatant bars are difficult to find!

• 4 months later...
    • 6 months later...
    5 hours ago, Wild Card said:

Some really nice new bars there gentlemen, thank you for sharing them with us.

To Uffz. Rohleder - You are a good son!

Best wishes,

Wild Card

Thanks Wild Card.

In his old years he has cancer. So I just will made him happy.

And for my wife it's also ok. - since she always look on the financial part - :D

A rather usual one from Lippe-Detmold...

Lippe-Spange-KEM-Cent-LwDA-RKMzink-web.jpg

And my favorite Lippe-Detmold bar from reverend Friedrich Lappe...the house-order in the middle had previously swords, before it was re-awarded :-)

Lippe-Ordensspange-RAO4-KHD-LH3-1897-1905_Friedrich_Lappe-web.jpg

Ah, I forgot Friedrich Multhaup´s ribbon bar...He was "Fuerstlicher Bauverwalter.

7 out of 9 awardes are from Lippe-Detmold :-)

Feldspange-Friedrich_Multhaup.jpg

And another one...Feldarzt August Borchard

Feldspange_August_Borchard_Lemgo-VS.jpg

Edited by Solomon

• 4 weeks later...
    On 8/2/2013 at 10:04, Yankee said:

Thank you Gentleman for informing me how his career ended. All the pieces to the puzzle have been found. With certainty we were able to I'd Richard Bruckner's bar which thanks to this forum made it possible. :beer:

Sincerely

Brian

A bit late, but one more piece.  Here is his obituary from the Wochenblatt für Papierfabrikation. As chairman of the paper manufacturers' war committee, he probably would have gotten non-combat awards from one or more German states had he lived longer.

5934866e13d49_BrcknerRichard.thumb.jpg.527c95764d6b917d94e44f14dba4c9c1.jpg

Hi Dave!

Where did you find this Wochenblatt? I am related to a berlin paperproducer, who at least was in business in the WW1 years. His firm was called Obst & Co. (my guy was the Co., married the vegetable daughter). So I was wondering if you found some index on the Wochenblatt or anything....

Hi David,

It is from the Universiry of Michigan. The Wochenblatt was digitized as part of the Hathitrust project.  Fromjthe US, I can access and search it through about 1922 (later years are restricted due to copyright). From Europe, I think you are more limited since the project wanted to avoid conflicts with differing copyright laws in various other countries, although I suppose you could use a proxy.

https://catalog.hathitrust.org/Record/000681213

There is also a biweekly, Der Papier-Fabrikanthttps://catalog.hathitrust.org/Record/000675398

Hi Dave

Never imagined to be reading a German obituary. To read his life and see him up close allows us to appreciate his achievements.  Thanks for completing the puzzle to a respected man and his bar.

Sincerely

Brian

10 hours ago, Yankee said:

Hi Dave

Never imagined to be reading a German obituary. To read his life and see him up close allows us to appreciate his achievements.  Thanks for completing the puzzle to a respected man and his bar.

Sincerely

Brian

For those getting up to speed on Richard Brückner, his medal bar can be found on this thread, post #348.

• 3 weeks later...
    • 5 months later...
    • 1 month later...