News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Non-combatant bars are difficult to find!

@ Saschaw - thanks for that info, wasn't aware that doctors at the front received non-combatant awards but the combatant medal.

@ Sergio - Thanks for bringing these examples to light. How about someone posts them in the fakes thread so that more people see them and are aware?

Regards

Matthew

Talking about ebay seller "hagekna41", we may not forget his wife(?) "agle42", who's active at the moment!

http://www.ebay.de/sch/Militaria-/15502/i.html?item=321062408886&pt=Militaria&hash=item4ac0cf92b6&_ssn=agle42

This two ribbon bars also did come from him and were re-sold now, but by an honest seller who claimed he's not sure if they're real.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/150984804061

http://www.ebay.de/itm/150984804676

Sorry for hijacking this thread, but this is important information, I'd say, and not everyone reads the fake bar threads.

Only a ribbon bar ...

But what a lovely one! I especially like the screwed on sword device... typical for these old ones.

By the way, I assume it's rather for a RAO4Xw thann for a KO4Xw, as the latter is often seen with a "crown and swords" device in these days!

• 3 months later...

This just arrived. A Wurttemberg old-time NCO group with a NC EKI and a Wilhelm's Cross, another NC award, even with swords. The hardest to find, however, is probably the 21 year NCO Long Service Cross. As a bonus, it included his wartime bar that appears to have been stripped to make up his new bar, except for the 15 year Long Service, which had been upgraded.

• 2 months later...
    Guest Rick Research

:Cat-Scratch: Ooooooooooooooooo! :love: Actually, he was a frontline noncombatant. Prussian regulations were upside down: steel medal on non-combatant ribbon for unarmed uniformed peronnel under enemy fire, stay at homes got steel medal on "combatnt" ribbon-- the exact opposite of anything sane. :banger:

There's no long service in there, and from the mix of Knight 2nd and higher awards, who you have there is a higher Beamter: never iID'd while I was offline?

My small contribution.

Not so much a collector of bars but this way the only way to be certain of having a genuine Anhalt Bear.

The old frayed soiled ribbons suggested it had not been tampered with. Unfortunately no I'd

Guest Rick Research

LD1, HP3a, EH3a, AB3a should pop up. Not a military official--no 1897 Centenary Medal, so either a dR/dL officer with a day job, or a retired dR/dL officer in non-Prussian civil service....