News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Based on the divisional history, from 7 to 16 April, its division, the 119.Infanterie-Division, was in combat between Arras and Albert. From 17 to 18 April, it was in battle near Armenti?res. From 20 to 30 April, the division was in positional fighting in the Flanders and Artois region.

Thanks for the info Dave.

I've just checked the date of death; it was the 6th of April. I would think they were probably somewhere on the Somme or at least on the way there on the 6th.

Does the divisional history mention the 6th?

Thanks

Tony

This is a bit off subject, but an interesting tidbit. The 46.RIR was the only reserve regiment that I know of that unofficially added an "R" to their shoulder straps to differentiate themselves from the line regiment. Here are two M1915 examples. One has just had the "R" added, while the other was made with non-regulation hand stitching for both the 46 and the "R".

Chip