News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Golden kite 5th class

SWE Erik

At last! I managed to get a nice order. It is worn, just as I want it.

The previous owner repaired the enamel on the top arm, otherwise it is just a bit dirty, not much enamel damage. The ball which the ribbon ring goes through looks like it could have been repaired though...

I was told that it was found in a soldiers war souveniers and that he had served in the Philippines. I probably have his name too. The seller wasn't sure.

/Erik

Some pictures. :D

Thank You all for the kind replies. I'm really happy to have one but even after holding one in my hands I still think that the Sacred treasure is the order which has the best design. The old fourth class in the last picture is still my favourite. ;)

Paul, thank You for that information. Do You know how many Meiji era awards can be found in relation to taisho era? The sword has a rather dark green colour, would this indicate that it is from the taisho era?

/Erik

Unfortunately I do not believe it is possible to tell the difference between Meiji and Taisho pieces, certainly I do not know the difference for certain. Also I do not have a breakdown per class between the two eras, however overall the Meiji awards are more common.