News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

NSDAP Medal/Ribbon Bars

Guest Rick Research

I forgot this one. I did not buy it for the NSDAP awards. The third ribbon under close inspection is the Danzig cross. A rare one to find. I think the original owner had a very short left leg so he should be easy to spot in photos! speechless.gif

• 2 weeks later...
    • 1 month later...
    • 1 month later...
    • 3 weeks later...
    • 2 weeks later...
    Guest Rick Research

A late (1942+) example of the early stripes-proportions-not-right EK 1939 ribbon, usually seen on 1940 ribbon bars:

[attachmentid=18118]

Guest Rick Research

One thing about the NSDAP long services is you never know WHAT the wearer was. Other long services equate to "the longer the service, the higher the rank" but that was not true at all of Nazi Party functionaries.

The guy above could have been an Allgemeine SS officer with a much lower Waffen SS Reserve rank. He could have been an SA noncommissioned officer called into the army as a Gefreiter. Since NSDAP awards like these could be worn with any uniform, he could have been...

almost anything!

Here is a good example:

[attachmentid=18215]

This old Old Fighter has NSDAP 15 and 10, what was probably a Prussian long service award (blank dark blue ribbon) AND a Third Reich civil service cross for 25 or 40 years-- what would that ribbon bar have told us loose? NOT that he was a junior Kriegsmarine reserve officer, that's for sure!!!!

Thanks Gerd - the guy at the MAX sold it as a West Wall. I looked a little closer and almost did the "Happy" dance in front of him. I managed to get several tables away before it overcame me. He was also the source of two of my enamel lapel devices, my Saxon mini bar and the cased Johanniter. I still keep in touch with him.