News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi everybody,

Please find 2 documents of this officer who served as a Leutnant in KB 8IR and during the war he served in KB 9IR and in after was transfered in aviation. Have a look. The first one is the Prince Luitpold document.

Christophe

This officer received pre and during the war the following medals:

EK2

BMVO4bX

PL

He probably received the EK1, and like he was transfered in Flieger Abetilung and like he was not recorded as a fighter pilot, I think he received the Beobachterabz. If someone has got more info I will be happy. Thanks for your help.

Christophe

Paul,

the Rangliste der Offiziere der k?niglich Bayerischen Armee 1918 is not rare and fairly easy to pick up. It does however only list Bavarian awards. It is more akin to a Dienstaltersliste or seniority list as opposed to the pre war editions of the Bavarian Military Handbook. A 1917 edition was also published.

Regards

Glenn

Sorry Paul,

I have made copy 8 years ago and the original book haven't got the title page. flame

This book with Milit?r Handbuch from 1913 give me more complete records. I complete with Ehrenranglisten from 1926.

Glenn, if you have got more info about this Bavarian officer, thanks for your help.

Regards

Christophe

I have shared with you one of my bavarian ribbon bar. This one is more particulary because it belonged to one officer of KB IR Nr. 8 (the Chief was the Grossherzog from Bade).

The ribbon bar :

BMVO4bX

EK2

BZ3bX

PL

Christophe