News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• Replies 119
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hallo Gents :beer:

some great looking wound badges, I add here my two, seemingly unmarked, the Gold has suffered some damage and the pin is missing. :(

Black measures: width 37mm X 44,5 mm

Gold measures: 36mm X 44mm

Any idea as to maker and type??

Kevin in Deva. :beer:

Edited by Kev in Deva

The rears, the hinge pin on the gold is broken in the center and so the pin fell out, maybe when it was pulled off a jacket? the head and bottom of the pin are still in place only the center section is gone!!

I thought that all Gold Level WBs were solid badges. I did not think that they made stamped Gold WBs.

I thought that all Gold Level WBs were solid badges. I did not think that they made stamped Gold WBs.

Hallo Paul :beer:

now thats interesting, I have examined the badge and can detect no trace of any Black or Silver paint, this particular badge was obtained at a collectors meeting in Romania in 2005, the guy I bought it off was not a militaria dealer in general and seemed to have no idea what it was for, other than it was from"hitler".

Kevin in Deva :beer:

Kevin :beer: ,

Thanks for the information. This is a new one for me. Maybe one of the more experienced WB collectors could help out.

I have heard of soldiers removing the paint from the brass Black WBs to give the gold appearance so they could wear it in the field to prevent the loss of their original Gold WB.

I love oddities! :love:

IT is a brass black with all the paint removed,thats all.How and when the paint was removed who knows.

Here is a black that looks like a silver with all the paint removed.It is just a black

Edited by don

Now, here is a unmarked brass with almost all the paint gone.With some work,I could shine it up

and say Hitler gave it to unckle so and so when they ran out of golds.Fact is, there no records that

any makers made hollow back golds or silvers,none.

don

Hallo Gents :beer:

I have to say mine is not polished Brass, and if it is a paint job it not so obvious, when I get a mo' I will try to scan it or take more detailed pictures so you can give it a good "once-over".

By the way, don, I never claimed it was a replacement anything, I just posted a picture of what I have.

Anyways ...Looks like a unmarked 30 to me.Put a fridge magnet on it Anyways I hear this all the time,

some dealer said this and some dealer said that.Lets go by facts for a minute.There is no record that

any maker made hollow back silvers and golds in mass amounts.Could a black be made into a silver or

a gold in the field for a wounded soldier?Yes it could.It also could be made in my GARAGE.Could a maker

have used other materials other than the brass or sheet steel.?He might have been running low on material and could have used zinc or even some copper to fill the cotract as badge would be painted black.

don...Ps ....You are welcome for info and pictures I have given

Hallo don,

calm down a little, :P I am as interested as you to find out what it is, but let me clarify one point,

FACT: the seller was not a militaria dealer per say, in fact this was the only militaria item he had on his table, ( here in Romania the collectors meetings consist of a large group of tables usually in a factory canteen, and the priority with regards the selling is Banknotes & Coins, Postcards & Phonecards, Stamps, Documents, Bric-a-Brac or Objects d' Art and then militaria., the sellers travel from all over Romania to attend events, and very few are proffesional sellers.

With regards your statement "There is no record that any maker made hollow back silvers and golds in mass amounts."

Did any maker make hollow back silvers & golds in small amounts??

Bear with me, as I am far from being an expert in the field of iii reich awards. :blush:

FACT: The item is not magnetic, wether thats good or bad I dont know. :o

Ok, thanks for taking the time to post your pictures :cheers: you happy now :beer:

If you want to see the pictures full size please PM me your email address.

Kevin in Deva :beer: