News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Please post your OPW 2nd classes

• Replies 118
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andrei or Alexei, if one of you guys read this, do you think, Nr. 101.270 is a KMD or a LMD piece? The mint mark looks a lot like the typical LMD mint mark.

TIA

Gerd

Hi Gerd,

Sorry for my late answer. I found your question just 10 minutes ago.

This 101270 order is a Leningrad Mint production. Amazingly, it is a new lowest known number for LMD Variation 1, Subvariation 1 - previous was 101300 :beer:

It was among the first of LMD manufactured GPWs and was produced at the begining of the second half of 1944. This mintmark is typical for LMD.

Here are some close neighbours.

This one might be interesting as well. Its real number is 102232, so it is also a neighbor of your GPW. However some stupid fake-maker removed last digit and was trying to sell it as a reissue order. The traces of last "2" are visible even on the picture. Under magnification glass it was very clear.

Andrei, thank you very much. :cheers: Now i am able to sleep again properly.

Nice to know, its the new lowest observed s/n and that its indeed a LMD example. :beer: So its the earliest known LMD-example, fantastic!!! :jumping:

Pat thats a nice one and i agree with Andrei, its a Krasnokamsk Mint production. You should think about to research it. I have one or two of those too, but i still have to make pictures. I will do one, when i have a little more time later.

Thanks again for the participation everyone and just keep them coming.

Gerd

Nice to know, its the new lowest observed s/n and that its indeed a LMD example. :beer: So its the earliest known LMD-example, fantastic!!! :jumping:

Gerd

Gerd, actually the lowest known LMD specimes were with letters in word МОНЕТНЫЙ 1,5 times lower than in word ДВОР. Only 4 numbers have been observed so far - 100152, 100747, 100913 and 101066. They belong to LMD, Variation 1, Subvariation 2.

Then it followed by LMD, Variation 1, Subvariation 3a that didn't have mintmark at all - earliest known number is 100172, several of them observed.

If you want, tomorrow I can post a pictures of those subvariations (now I'm about to fall asleep :speechless: , too tired today).

• 2 weeks later...

Beautiful piece Erik :beer: And exactly the same variation like my Nr. 268.404 in post #6 and 7 This variation has a very concave obverse compared to KMD-variations, i really like that. Ek-freaks would speak of "vaulted" , i guess :cheeky:

Thanks and go ahead guys, show me more please. Meanwhile here is another one of mine, another KMD-variation, Nr. 514.183

Edited by Gerd Becker