News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

BWDS,

Your helmet is marked to the 2nd Company of Eisenbahn Regiment 1. It is also dated 1901 and the roman numeral III is a garniture mark meaning that through use it has been downgraded to 3rd grade condition. Unfortunately, this helmet should have an all silver garde eagle with star and that is missing. It has been replaced by a either line Infantry or Pioneer eagle (if tarnished silver Pioneer, brass is Infantry)that does not fit it very well. So at some point it has been monkeyed with, whether it was last month or 90 years ago, is hard to say. It is up to you at this point whether you want to wait and try to find the correct eagle or not. It is a fairly scarce helmet, but even if complete the value would be affected by the liner condition. Sorry, this is never fun for me, I wish I had better news for you.

Dan

BWDS,

Your helmet is marked to the 2nd Company of Eisenbahn Regiment 1. It is also dated 1901 and the roman numeral III is a garniture mark meaning that through use it has been downgraded to 3rd grade condition. Unfortunately, this helmet should have an all silver garde eagle with star and that is missing.

Very interesting, I take it the eagle then should be this one? are these eagles are rare?

IPB Image

Pity, but to be honest, I'm just wrapt that I have one last, I've been concentrating on 3rd reich up till now...

BTW just enhancing the pics to make it clerarer:

Yes they are. I am missing one myself for a helmet. Saw one at Helmut Weitze, it was around $450 I think, so i couldnt afford it. :( Did Tony at kaisers bunker say you could use his picture?

Tony got back to me and said they were around $500 so I've more or less given up on the bird :speechless: Thanks for your reply.

Edited by bratwurstdimsum