News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Awards of Kazakhstan

Last month, as I was flying through Kazakhstan with Air Astana from Almaty to Astana, I had the surprise and pleasure to see a very nice cover of magazine in my seat : the inflight magazine "World Discovery Kazakhstan".

This magazine was largely dedicated to Kazakhstan awards, with an article : "The National Awards of the Republic of Kazakhstan".

This article mentioned the editorial staff had the opportunity to visit the Kazakh Mint in Ust-Kamenogorsk.

The pictures, by Dmitriy Podlipayev and Nikolay Postnikov are superb. :jumping::jumping:

I have scanned them, and will post them here. That's the first time I have seen so good pics of Kazakhstan's awards.

I start here with the cover of the inflight review.

Enjoy!!!! :beer:

Ch.

Pic : Dmitriy Podlipayev / Nikolay Postnikov - World Discovery Kazakhstan.

• Replies 78
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Title Halyk Kaharmany (National Hero).

Instituted in 1993. Awarded for Merit in the Republic of Kazakhstan, civil and military feats in the name of freedom and independance of the country. Persons awarded with this Title also receive the Golden Star and Order of Otan.

Ch.

Order of Altyn Kyran (Golden Eagle)

Instituted in 1995. awarded for high national merit. The award consists of a star and a symbol on a pendant.

Here is the "symbol".

Ch.

Order of Barys (Panther)

Instituted in 1999. Awarded for special merit : in the consolidation of the state system and the sovereignty of the Republic of Kazakhstan; in securing peace, the consolidation of society and the unity of nationalities of Kazakhstan; the state, production, scientific, social and ciultural activity; in the consolidation of cooperation between nations, the approach and mutual enrichment of national cultures, friendly relations between states. The Order of Barys has 3 categories. The Order of Barys of 1st Class consists of a star and a symbol on a shoulder ribbon.

Here is the Star.

Ch.

Order of Aibyn (Valor)

Instituted in 1995. Awarded to personnel of the Armed Forces, other security and military units, as well as officials of the prosecutor's office, national security, internal Affairs and others for demonstrating merit in combat training, ethe maintenance of a high level of alertness and learning new military technology, the protection of legality and public order; for courage and selflessness in performing official and military duties, as well as for feats when protecting the country's interests.

There are three classes. The first two types of the "Aibyn" decoration are conferred on junior and senior officers. The 3rd Class is given to soldiers, sailors, sergeants, first sergeants, ensigns and warrant officers.

Here is the 1st Class Order.

Ch.

Guest Rick Research

:Cat-Scratch: Wow! FANTASTIC deesign work IS still out there in the world!

The Panther, particularly, with that translucent cobalt blue enamel is splendid!

Mmmm... excellent hunting!!! I wonder if it is possible to get a copy of this magazine. Does the Kazakh Mint have a website?

There are not too many good sites about contemporary awards of Kazakhstan. Here is one I found. I guess it may be known to some of you, but just in case you don't know it...

http://www.kazakhstan.orexca.com/awards_kazakhstan.shtml

Best regards,

Lukasz

PS: Do you know the width of the ribbons of Kazakh medals?

Edited by Lukasz Gaszewski