News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

My British Headdress Collection **RECOMMENDED**

Stuart

Really great.. keep them coming.....

Is that a Gentleman at Arms next to the 1834 Pattern 6th (Inniskilling) Dragoons ?

I also really like the lancer's helmets....... I like German Spikes.. but I always thought that the lancer's helmets really gave the spikes a run for thier money in appearance...

makes me green with envy over my little collection !

Please keep them coming !

Cheers

Mark

Mark,

you are correct, it is a Gentleman at Arms with Queen Victoria crown. My current favourite is the Furness Yeomanry diagonally below the GAA.

As to posting more am I allowed to or will I run foul of the authorities?

Stuart

Stuart,

I thought that was Gentleman at Arms...... NICE... I almost picked up a complete uniform for one last year... named to a Brigadier General who was awarded the VC in WW1..... I should have.. but the condition of the set was not as nice as I like.....

As far as the pics... please post away..... Just blame me if anyone complains :P

Cheers

Mark

Edited by mravery

Peter,

I thought it was the painkillers but helmets are Freudian aren't they?

Very Freudian! "Look, daddy. That man's hat has a knob on top! It looks just like yours." :cheeky:

Peter

PS It isn't just the painkillers - I'm like this when I'm not stoned too! "Better living through modern pharmaceuticals". (big beer grin here)

P

Edited by peter monahan

Mark,

I just had a look at your site. A wealth of information there and some very, very nice uniforms - naturally I went straight to the British section. Where did you source your Army Lists? I get mine from www.youroldbooksandmaps.co.uk and currently have 26 on CD/DVD and 2 in original book form.

As to the condition you have to pay for that. As my friend Peter S says "I have to admit I'm the type of collector who often pays 'next' year's prices. I am actually sometimes surprised by the collectors who only want a 'deal.' " and I wholeheartedly agree.

Stuart

Edited by Stuart Bates

Mark,

I just had a look at your site. A wealth of information there and some very, very nice uniforms - naturally I went straight to the British section. Where did you source your Army Lists? I get mine from www.youroldbooksandmaps.co.uk and currently have 26 on CD/DVD and 2 in original book form.

As to the condition you have to pay for that. As my friend Peter S says "I have to admit I'm the type of collector who often pays 'next' year's prices. I am actually sometimes surprised by the collectors who only want a 'deal.' " and I wholeheartedly agree.

Stuart

Hey Stuart,

All of my info either came from the British archives, who's who or other misc research material that I have. There is also an on-line London Gazzet search for Mentioned in dispatch.

I'm embarassed as I have not updated my site in almost 3 years..... But I have posted a few pics of the new war room in this section under 'collection overview' if you want to see the thread.

Due to space limitations.. I'm only concentrating on parade uniforms now and have moved all the field wear stuff (I like the bright and shiney :love: )....

I really admire your helmets.... and I have always liked the Victorian stuff... !!!

Cheers

Mark