News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Victoria Cross for sale on E-bay

VC.....so simple.....so cool! :cool:

Just as a matter of interest, does anyone know if any VCs to South Africans have been sold recently? I hear 27 were issued to South Africans through both world wars.

p.s. Ralph, is that a real one or a copy you've got there? Cause if it's a real one...NICE WORK THERE!!!!

Edited by DutchBoy

Guest Darrell

Had the chance to hold one (and the accompanying group) recently. Ooooohhhh!! :o:love:

(Not to market and not to me :( )

No pics Ed ??? !!! :unsure::cheeky:

You should have said, "Hey What's that over there", then accidently dropped it in your pocket as you made your way out the door :rolleyes:

But I would imagine they had armed guards with big guns standing around ... huh?

Edited by Darrell

Nope, no armed guards. Just a medal dealer I have dealt with for over thirty years. Have better photos, but here's a group shot of the "first part" of the group to come in (the others followed the next day). All direct from the family. Unfortunately, he had dipped all his copper-nickle medals and made them ugly, but he did it. The (idiot) family de-mounted them all to marlket them.

Restricted on the details I can discuss. Sorry.

Was sorely tempted, I can say that! :P

Edited by Ed_Haynes

Guest Darrell

So the original ribbons are history? :(

With the cost of an original Knight's Cross ribbon these days ... I WONDER what a piece of original VC ribbon goes for??? :o

Guest Darrell

I'd be interested to know too. Have 4-5 meters. (From an old-time military tailor in New Delhi.) :P

REALLY !!!?? Wow .... I bet a tidy sum :jumping: