News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Unusually marked 1914 EK2

Here is a picture of a crown/moon/800 mark on the ring of a EK2

instead of the frame. This cross and picture belong to Tony ( Tony & Kaiser )

of Kaiser's Bunker. He asked that I post it for him.

Well,I asked my iron cross "mentor"for his opinion(I knew he has had some of them in his collection).Unfortunatelly he has sold both of them.But he said one of his frame marked EKs was a R.W.-but he also said he was never lucky with both crosses.He said just from looking at them everything was right-no dents or damages at the other side(what would indicate a later added stamp at the frame) and also the patina was right.But he decided to let them go(and he's collecting EKs much,much longer than I do).So what we have is no proven fact that this kind of stamping is really a fake.As I've written before,from my own feeling I like what I see-but what stays is a little bad taste.My friend isn't perfect,I'm not perfect and I'm pretty shure that no one in this hobby isn't perfect.I would have bought this EK,too-he wouldn't.Maybe this is an result of the pure amount of different makers and variations we have in this collecting field.So there's always the hope to find something new and unknown(and we all know that happens more often than we think).Unfortunatelly we will never find out what really happens with this cross,some of us will like it and others don't.

Micha