News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Grips of DEATH ! German Machine Guns...

Chris,

That is a beauty!! :jumping::jumping: Wow. I just love the early ones, I would love to get a shot at one of those someday. Even if it was just a demill. Think of where it has been :love: and what it has done :( . My gun was made in mid 1918 and it has the D barrel in it. Each gun was issued with 4 barrels stamped with the serial number and an added A,B,C or D. Each barrel was good for over 10,000 rounds. So even my late gun has fired over 30,000 rounds in anger(and worn out three barrels) during it's short service life in WW1. I would hate to think of the hundreds of thousands of rounds that have passed through that one. I am glad to see the original finish on it has not been messed with, a weapon like this should show its heavy use. The sled is early as well (maybe 1915 or earlier), the brass plate on yours is zinc on my 1917 dated one. Did the water jacket come painted that color? :unsure: Never mind that, you really got a great piece. I am green with envy. :cheeky:

Dan

Hi,

the Sledge seems to be a 1913 piece. According to the "Dolf" book mine is mid-late 1915, and from then on production skyrocketed, dwm hitting the 50 000 mark by 1918.

The previous owner pained the jacket "Prussian Blue" which was apparently the German colour that preceeded Field grey. I am considering just "field Greying" it.

The rest seems to have its original "Brunierung", same as on the 08/15.

congratulation, two beautifull and once powerfull supplements for the homefront. I'am thinking myself for months of buying an demillitarized MG myself. But it is a question of space, money and most of all a matter of relationship (means my better third). I'am sure she wont be very satisfied with the schwarzlose 07/12 in the living room, but my son would love it.

haynau

Edited by haynau

congratulation, two beautifull and once powerfull supplements for the homefront. I'am thinking myself for months of buying an demillitarized MG myself. But it is a question of space, money and most of all a matter of relationship (means my better third). I'am sure she wont be very satisfied with the schwarzlose 07/12 in the living room, but my son would love it.

haynau

It is a difficult step... I wanted a Schwarzlose as well... but then where does it stop ??? A Russian Maxim, A Vickers, a Lewis etc. etc.

So I just said... the 2 German ones... then basta.

It is a difficult step... I wanted a Schwarzlose as well... but then where does it stop ??? A Russian Maxim, A Vickers, a Lewis etc. etc.

So I just said... the 2 German ones... then basta.

Are you sure, maybe it's another slippery road :unsure:

maybe it is unpolite, but were this twwo bauties very expensive im comparism for example to the 1700 euro sauer militaria asks for a schwarzlose?

anyway i would take a spandau aswell, no doubt about that, so for the last time cheer and :beer:

Haynau

Are you sure, maybe it's another slippery road :unsure:

maybe it is unpolite, but were this twwo bauties very expensive im comparism for example to the 1700 euro sauer militaria asks for a schwarzlose?

anyway i would take a spandau aswell, no doubt about that, so for the last time cheer and :beer:

Haynau

Hi,

The 0815 was about EUR2200, which I think was a steal as it is almost mint.

The 08... well, lets just say... it cost about as much as a nice Knights Cross,..... buuuuuuut... I asked all the german colletors arms dealers at kassel and other shows.... they have not seen a 08 on sale for many years, and a sledge for even longer. And there were however about 50 KCs at kassel.....

I would never bother to buy a KC again.... if I had the money... and the OPPORTUNITY... I would get another 08 in a flash...

Who needs a guard dog when you have one of them :rolleyes:

Order of Victory

But he already has a guard dog!

Chris, these have certainly been worth waiting for and I look forward to seeing how you will fit them into your den.

If you ever need an MG-sitter, just let me know.

So what's next - a 77 or an A7V?

Naaahh... I dont find it sexy enough to justify the price.

Then how about the first German submachinegun, the MP18 I? The first use of these was in the hands of German stormtroopers during Kaiserschlacht. And one very sexy piece of hardware. :jumping: This one is mine and of course live. :P

IPB Image

Edited by Daniel Murphy

• 1 month later...