News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Grips of DEATH ! German Machine Guns...

I put the question of matching gun & sled to a chum he sent me these photos of a relic 1917 dated gun also I've noticed an 08 heavy won't necessarily immediately fit another mount because of variations in the jacket trunnions on going... There is an interesting account of a gunner saying they soon as leave the mount in the rear lines and use trench mounts and collectors referring to "Somme" and "Verdun salient" mounts made it workshops as a way to id them, when they camoed must have been easy to pick out 'our sled' no two are exactly alike.

Best

Eric

Just picked a soaking can for my BFA whats neat still has the washers a little thing keeps the interest up, the live booster can is formerly Dolf's collection pictured in his book.

Best

Eric

• 2 weeks later...

Not with me but when it does you will have 2 lovely examples!! Very nice. My examples are pretty rough but they are not rare over here and are still fetching Euros 400 to 500 each.

I intend to upgrade but it is not a priority at the moment as I am looking for T gewehr ammo.

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

My other can finally showed worried for a while. Its cool I like the frag damage on the lip, just need the collapsible one now, yea right anybody have a picture of one other than the 'Grim Reaper' photo?

Eric

Very nice indeed... i dont have a single one of them :-(

I'll keep a lookout Chris was lucky both times.

Have you Gents seen one of these Russian converts before first time I've seen up close.

Eric

• 3 weeks later...

'Interesting sled - did you buy it?'

No Mark it has a Bentley price tag so left it for Chris.

Couple of tool pouches the carry strap would usually be linen or papercloth a soldier used a Gew, sling strange goings on things happening in two's for me at the moment, no I'm not building a Hoss Ark but it is raining here..pouring down! :blush:

Eric

Edited by Hoss

• 5 weeks later...
    • 2 weeks later...

Interesting one year volunteer piping, that I believe was abolished for wear when the war started. This photo was obviously taken after the MGSSA badge came out in 1916. The kid is from s.I.R.106.

Chip

• 2 weeks later...