News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• Replies 56
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris,

Thanks for showing the photos. You have some excellent examples. The leather case that you mention in post #10 is the large MG tool kit. Inside this larger kit was a folded leather piece, which had the slots and straps to attach the tools. Rather than fish around inside for what you wanted, you just pulled the entire leather piece out with all of the tools attached to it.

There was also a lighter tool kit, which was worn on the belt. Here is what the interior of the small kit looks like (some of the contents shown are incorrect). Also, here is a photo of the working part of the cylindrical condensing can.

Chip

Chris,

Thanks for showing the photos. You have some excellent examples. The leather case that you mention in post #10 is the large MG tool kit. Inside this larger kit was a folded leather piece, which had the slots and straps to attach the tools. Rather than fish around inside for what you wanted, you just pulled the entire leather piece out with all of the tools attached to it.

There was also a lighter tool kit, which was worn on the belt. Here is what the interior of the small kit looks like (some of the contents shown are incorrect). Also, here is a photo of the working part of the cylindrical condensing can.

Chip

oooooooh you bastard! Dont say you actually own those !!!

Chris,

Unfortunately, I do not own these things. The photos were taken by me at friend's house in Germany.

I have owned several of the large MG tool cases, but none had any contents remaining. There is a nice example on display at the army museum in Brussels. Here is a picture of it (taken through the glass case). As you can see, there is a wooden mallet, wrench, spare locks and other larger repair parts.

Chip

Chris,

I imagine that Tony's photo shows a group receiving MG training and they have the Trageriemens on because they are being trained on both weapons. Here is an Ersatz (Papiergarn) Trageriemen. This one is mine! ;)

Chip

Chip, they were in a quiet area in Elsa? in Feb 1918 where they stayed for a couple of months. As far as I know, the Uffz. was already in the MG section, so maybe he was giving the instruction. They're from RIR94.

By the way, look how clean their boots are.

tony