Chris Boonzaier

Normandy Invasion !

paddywhack,

no complaints for more from me. Here are a couple more that I havent posted to get the buzz restarted!

Pulling off the Highway and I had Goosebumps seeing this grouping of signs!

What exactly are the dates we're using for this theme? IE to what date after June 6th? The "Normandy" campaign continued for some time, but I wanted to check before posting anything.

Thanks!

hannibal, I believe it is wide open. Anything Normandy goes is my take on it. Love to see some additional pictures!

Regards,

Joel

Probably a set piece photo

Hi Tony

I can see that they are wearing 3rd Infantry Division patches, but any idea of the regiment, i cant make it out?

Dan

Edited by FrontlineAntiques

Hi Tony

I can see that they are wearing 3rd Infantry Division patches, but any idea of the regiment, i cant make it out?

Dan

Scottish Borderers Dan.

The caption under the picture reads - Scottish Borderers set up a captured Hotchkiss machine gun to help clear the remaining Nazi stragglers out of the town centre.

Tony

Cropped from a throw away information sheet "Invasion Without Tears" How to get to the 2nd Front in Comfort. (for all those not going by air, particularly Unit Commanders)

Stuart

Guest IMHF

Cropped from a throw away information sheet "Invasion Without Tears" How to get to the 2nd Front in Comfort. (for all those not going by air, particularly Unit Commanders)

Stuart

This is why now we have Unit SOP's

Lorenzo

Here is my contribution to the topic. This is a copy of a map that one of my uncles brought back from Omaha Beach. As you can see, it is a map of the area around WN-62.