Gentleman's Military Interest Club
Jacques

LA MEDALLA MILITAR

Jacques   

I guess the owner was attached to the AS88: Arno Kleyenstuber from AS88.

he was in Spain from spring 1937 to jannuary 1938, observer on HE59-HE60, based in Malaga and later in Pollensa (Majorca)

I guess the owner was attached to the AS88: Arno Kleyenstuber from AS88.

he was in Spain from spring 1937 to jannuary 1938, observer on HE59-HE60, based in Malaga and later in Pollensa (Majorca)

thanks you got there before me!! ;)

actually do you know any more info about him as iv drawn a blank apart from the info here(i got the name of the seller but info is near the same as that on Wikipedia )

thanks though!! :beer:

Jacques   

No, sorry, I just downloaded the picture when this bar was offered, and I found the information in a book. NOthing more is written about this men to my knowledge. If he was awarded this medal, he certainly participated to a special action as observer.

jacques

No, sorry, I just downloaded the picture when this bar was offered, and I found the information in a book. NOthing more is written about this men to my knowledge. If he was awarded this medal, he certainly participated to a special action as observer.

jacques

ah well not to worry thanks though!!! :beer:

Scott   

Arno Kleyenstuber from AS88

He's not on my MMI list -- I'll have to add his name. Do you know what rank he was during his service in Spain?

I only show 4 other AS/88 MMI winners: Hptmn Franz BREY, Maj Martin HARLINGHAUSEN, Oblt Hans-Sigmund STORP, and Maj Karl-Heinz WOLFF.

Thanks Jacques & Paddy :cheers:

PS: I need to make a correction to a comment I made back in post 64: I said the photo of the Egana MMI I used for comparison was from my LC medal bar. I was wrong -- the photo is of a medal bar posted by Jacques earlier in the thread. My apologies for the goof :speechless:

Edited by Scott

He's not on my MMI list -- I'll have to add his name. Do you know what rank he was during his service in Spain?

I only show 4 other AS/88 MMI winners: Hptmn Franz BREY, Maj Martin HARLINGHAUSEN, Oblt Hans-Sigmund STORP, and Maj Karl-Heinz WOLFF.

Thanks Jacques & Paddy :cheers:

PS: I need to make a correction to a comment I made back in post 64: I said the photo of the Egana MMI I used for comparison was from my LC medal bar. I was wrong -- the photo is of a medal bar posted by Jacques earlier in the thread. My apologies for the goof :speechless:

sadly i cat find any other info either! but after talking with other people he was definitely KM which would be right with him being attached as an observer! its a real pity we dont now what it was awarded for!!is there any rolls that tell for what the award was given out or is it just a list of names?

Hi Paddy,

He certainly was awarded the spanish cross in gold.

The book don't details each action. it just give the names.

thats pretty cool!!nice to have a ribbon bar to a Spanish cross in gold winner!!! :beer:

Scott   

I found photos of this J.Saz design MMI on the web. The design of the medal is almost identical to the J.Saz medal I posted earlier, except for the ribbon mounting.

It has what appears to be a 1938-dated campaign bar mounted to the ribbon. I can't make out what the bar says -- does anyone know what it referrs to?

Edited by Scott

VFMR   

Another genuine J.Saz medal cased for our archive, weight with ribbon is 20.7 gr, and measures: 43mmx45mm

VFMR   

Another genuine J.Saz medal cased for our archive, weight with ribbon is 20.7 gr, and measures: 43mmx45mm

JasonA   

Here are my current LC bars - note the second from the top, the 7-er with the award in question. I never thought this bar could be identified but perhaps there is a chance if an estimated 100 Germans received this award?

Best regards,

Jason

Scott   

As a side note, while many Spanish MMI may have been struck in genuine silver, a small nick on the Egana-marked MMI on my LC medal bar indicates it was made of silver plated bronze or "tombac".

lambert   

My Individual Military Medal "MMI"

J.Saz design MMI In Silver.

591b31b2ae77b_WP_20170512_002cp.thumb.jpg.5ee2a5e4a8cc922ebcf63c3bb2c9a3b7.jpg

WP_20170512_003.thumb.jpg.17c5d70890e55d1af9aaf5124f5ecf36.jpg

WP_20170512_004.thumb.jpg.748e72b8147fddc4f501d389996ea5b3.jpg

WP_20170512_006.thumb.jpg.63ea835f6d4450aa2afd08fd0e7f5d11.jpg

Lambert

Individual Military Meda "MMI",

model Egaña. (1938 ?) Rusty Metal

WP_20170513_001.thumb.jpg.e6ed45fb4cee2597536851aacb397422.jpg

WP_20170513_002.thumb.jpg.43b7dbba87495d595e728e8a8b26095a.jpg