News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

LA MEDALLA MILITAR

Jacques

I guess the owner was attached to the AS88: Arno Kleyenstuber from AS88.

he was in Spain from spring 1937 to jannuary 1938, observer on HE59-HE60, based in Malaga and later in Pollensa (Majorca)

thanks you got there before me!! ;)

actually do you know any more info about him as iv drawn a blank apart from the info here(i got the name of the seller but info is near the same as that on Wikipedia )

thanks though!! :beer:

No, sorry, I just downloaded the picture when this bar was offered, and I found the information in a book. NOthing more is written about this men to my knowledge. If he was awarded this medal, he certainly participated to a special action as observer.

jacques

No, sorry, I just downloaded the picture when this bar was offered, and I found the information in a book. NOthing more is written about this men to my knowledge. If he was awarded this medal, he certainly participated to a special action as observer.

jacques

ah well not to worry thanks though!!! :beer:

Arno Kleyenstuber from AS88

He's not on my MMI list -- I'll have to add his name. Do you know what rank he was during his service in Spain?

I only show 4 other AS/88 MMI winners: Hptmn Franz BREY, Maj Martin HARLINGHAUSEN, Oblt Hans-Sigmund STORP, and Maj Karl-Heinz WOLFF.

Thanks Jacques & Paddy :cheers:

PS: I need to make a correction to a comment I made back in post 64: I said the photo of the Egana MMI I used for comparison was from my LC medal bar. I was wrong -- the photo is of a medal bar posted by Jacques earlier in the thread. My apologies for the goof :speechless:

Edited by Scott

He's not on my MMI list -- I'll have to add his name. Do you know what rank he was during his service in Spain?

I only show 4 other AS/88 MMI winners: Hptmn Franz BREY, Maj Martin HARLINGHAUSEN, Oblt Hans-Sigmund STORP, and Maj Karl-Heinz WOLFF.

Thanks Jacques & Paddy :cheers:

PS: I need to make a correction to a comment I made back in post 64: I said the photo of the Egana MMI I used for comparison was from my LC medal bar. I was wrong -- the photo is of a medal bar posted by Jacques earlier in the thread. My apologies for the goof :speechless:

sadly i cat find any other info either! but after talking with other people he was definitely KM which would be right with him being attached as an observer! its a real pity we dont now what it was awarded for!!is there any rolls that tell for what the award was given out or is it just a list of names?

• 1 month later...

I found photos of this J.Saz design MMI on the web. The design of the medal is almost identical to the J.Saz medal I posted earlier, except for the ribbon mounting.

It has what appears to be a 1938-dated campaign bar mounted to the ribbon. I can't make out what the bar says -- does anyone know what it referrs to?

Edited by Scott

• 2 months later...
    • 3 years later...
    • 2 months later...

Here are my current LC bars - note the second from the top, the 7-er with the award in question. I never thought this bar could be identified but perhaps there is a chance if an estimated 100 Germans received this award?

Best regards,

Jason

As a side note, while many Spanish MMI may have been struck in genuine silver, a small nick on the Egana-marked MMI on my LC medal bar indicates it was made of silver plated bronze or "tombac".

• 2 years later...
    • 6 years later...

I am posting the Egaña MMI example below for reference purposes.  All of the Egaña-marked MMI's posted in this thread (and in similar threads on other websites that I've seen) have the single raised "Egaña" mark front and reverse. The Egaña MMI below is of a slightly different design, and has no mark on the front, with the reverse having the "A.M." (left side) and "Indrustrias Egaña" (right side). Also of note on the front is the missing ~ over the N in 'Campana'.

Has anyone else seen this type of Egaña MMI before? Could this be a German manufactured example? I found the medal below while surfing the web.

Non-Standard Egana MMI, Front and Back.jpg

Edited by Scott

15 hours ago, Scott said:

Alas I am mistaken: Jacques posted an identically marked Egana MMI on page two of this thread (December 2007) and I missed it - I even commented on it at the time!  My apologies.

Edited by Scott