News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Boring Award Groups

Guest Rick Research

Guest Rick Research

There, now that I got your attention with that fascinating title...

For all that we collect valor awards and look for interesting and exciting stuff...

a lot of career Soviet officers after the war spent decades and got nothing but the endless array of jubilee and wear-'em-all-simultaneously long service awards.

Borrrrrrrrrrrrrrrring! ?

Sure-- but TYPICAL!

[attachmentid=5270]

each of the three above served 20 years and only one even got an MMM!

This guy below put in at least 25 and retired, without even getting that!

[attachmentid=5271]

Guest Rick Research

Yes, these sew-ins have |) shaped black plastic to mimic the curved black painted metal backing of the individual tab backs 7 ribbon bar-- a type I have only seen once before (on the late 1970s updated into 1980s Artillery Lieutenant General tunic bar, below-- not MUCH more "exciting!"), and much sturdier than the sew-in type with a narrow horizontal black felt strip centered across each row to "bulge" the ribbons.

• 1 month later...
    Guest Rick Research

Huh! Poor guy rated a Lenin 1970 as a state employee (presumably) and yet no medals or orders for 25+ years work. Civilians seem to have had some sort of "level" to meet to get one, and at least the guy got THAT.

Huh! Poor guy rated a Lenin 1970 as a state employee (presumably) and yet no medals or orders for 25+ years work. Civilians seem to have had some sort of "level" to meet to get one, and at least the guy got THAT.

Rick, well, he did get the "Veteran of Labour" and a "Order of Miners Glory 3rd class"

Chris

Guest Rick Research

Could you start a NEW thread on that one? I assume the "Miners Glory" badges were MINISTRY issue rather than a "State Award" and have never seen one-- or its document-- before. THAT'S not "boring" at all!!!! beer.gif