News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Commercial Sources

Ed_Haynes

Lots of nice things. He was suspended by ebay for "shill" bidding but currently sells under another ebay name claiming to be in "Alexandria, Virginia".

The site had some glitches in navigation earlier, but seem to have been corrected.

Rick, that is an interesting comment. I don't know the seller on Ebay but how would you know he was suspended from Ebay for shill bidding? Do they make their reasons for suspension public? If so where do they post that information? Would love to check of a seller or two. Mike

And we all knew that whenever "Chingisron" started bidding, just to step away. If "Chingisron" won the lot, it would soon be relisted. Amazing how easy it is to compromise a reputation. And this guy was (and still is) a major source of Mongolian items for many of us.

And if you put one of his items in your "reminder" list on eBay, boom... there'd be a bid from Chinggisron on it just to tempt you to get bidding yourself:)

Speaking of the items this person is selling, what are all your thoughts on the numbered inventor medal that he is selling?

• 4 weeks later...

Yep, I went back and looked. They appear to have passed through another dealer's hands before they arrived at their current repository. Have you contacted the original seller to see what else might be available??

At those prices, I think my mongolian collection will have to stay as it is unfortunately. The days of "cheap" SB's are clearly over... although it's surprising to see such a huge price difference between 2 dealer sites... having said that, with SB's going for 1600-1800 USD in Mongolia right now, I suspect 3.000 USD from dealer will not be the end point.

Please all, stay away from Albanian awards so I can have them all! :cheeky:

• 2 weeks later...

So back to this particular e-seller;

His current auctions, or at least the one I put an initial bid on are private auctions. Private as in "High bidder: User ID kept private". So there's no way to tell if the same guy has two (or more) registered IDs on eBay and uses one to sell and one to shill.

I'm not accusing anyone of wrongdoing, and maybe I'm just paranoid, I have no proof whatsoever. But it makes me wonder (and not bid too high at all).

Certainly in the West these sorts of business practises, if my fears are correct, are frowned upon. Maybe in other parts of the world it just part of S.O.P?

Sigh....

ANy of you ever notice a bidder called geldhans?

Bids very frequently on higher end Mongolian items, drives the price up... but sofar (looking at his feedback) has NEVER EVER won a Mongolian item on eBay... why do I suspect that is abnormal? :rolleyes:

And if you put one of his items in your "reminder" list on eBay, boom... there'd be a bid from Chinggisron on it just to tempt you to get bidding yourself:)

Speaking of the items this person is selling, what are all your thoughts on the numbered inventor medal that he is selling?

How can they tell that you have placed his item on your "watch list", does the seller get your ID when you place their item on your list?

Edited by Laurence Strong

How can they tell that you have placed his item on your "watch list", does the seller get your ID when you place their item on your list?

The seller doesn't see your ID but does see a "counter" of how many people have put the item on their watchlist.

• 2 weeks later...
    • 6 years later...

And we all knew that whenever "Chingisron" started bidding, just to step away. If "Chingisron" won the lot, it would soon be relisted. Amazing how easy it is to compromise a reputation. And this guy was (and still is) a major source of Mongolian items for many of us.

Very strong suspicions that the person behind this is at it again, but doing even worse things...

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php/topic/20900-banzragch-es/page-2#entry568231