News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

All About Researching Soviet Awards

I got a mail from him too a few days back. He told me that the research for my Lenin is ready, but nothing new of my Nevsky. Man I hope they find something for this piece as it's the nicest of all soviet awards in my collection but unfortunately the only one that remains unresearched.

• 1 month later...

That's what he says in his website :

"We can now do serial number research! Price is $***, which includes Award Record Card and Citation. In most cases results are obtained in under 10 days. Other items can be ordered through our regular channels for researching documented awards. "

10 days : that's fast !!! :jumping::jumping: But of course, the amount of money asked is quite huge...

Cheers.

Ch.

I received a batch of research in December (after 324 days of waiting) and have emailed with GK earlier this month, but maybe my remark in general was premature... Let's just hope things will improve. And I hope I will find the time to scan and translate all of my documents... :(

Given the recent developments I comunicate that I am able to supply S/N based and Name/Booklet based Researches. Very fast (1 day -> 1 week usually), at lower prices and you get back nice color photos.

You can contact me by PM.

Given the recent developments I comunicate that I am able to supply S/N based and Name/Booklet based Researches. Very fast (1 day -> 1 week usually), at lower prices and you get back nice color photos.

You can contact me by PM.

Dear Marcotk,

sounds interesting ... :D

I couldn't find an e-mail-adress at your - very nice - website.

Please send me an e-mail to christian.zulus@gmx.at - many thanks :cheers:

Best regards :beer:

Christian

Just got my first two returns from Alexei. They came in well under a week. While I think these are quite (QUITE) interesting results, they come without translations, so I am still looking for someone to do translations.

The normal Researcher has been traveling and is off to get involved, again, in an auction in Helsinki. Make of that what you will.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got my first two returns from Alexei. They came in well under a week. While I think these are quite (QUITE) interesting results, they come without translations, so I am still looking for someone to do translations.

The normal Researcher has been traveling and is off to get involved, again, in an auction in Helsinki. Make of that what you will.

I can do it for you.

• 8 months later...

I have a channel that provides research by serial number within 5 days.

The price is 60$ and it includes Award Record Card and Citation.

For additional 25$ you will get Service Record Card and Picture of the recipient if he was an officer.

If someone interested, write me and I'll give you more information.

• 3 years later...

It appears it has been some time since anyone has posted to this topic. I tried a while back to get information about how to obtain a Soviet award card and have had no luck. I am trying to locate the award card for Soviet Marshall Kirill Moskalenko. If anyone can help me, or knows of someone I can contact for help I would be truly grateful.

Thank you!

• 3 months later...

It appears it has been some time since anyone has posted to this topic. I tried a while back to get information about how to obtain a Soviet award card and have had no luck. I am trying to locate the award card for Soviet Marshall Kirill Moskalenko. If anyone can help me, or knows of someone I can contact for help I would be truly grateful.

Thank you!

You need to go through one of the researchers Auke (Ferdinand) is one that I use a lot :D he is really good in obtaining results :) and he should be able to know what is needed and how much the cost for obtaining his record card etc is :)

Thank you!

I think all of his award numbers and Ukaz dates are listed in the book "Marshals and Admirals of the USSR", if I remember correctly. Might save you a dollar (or euro) or two...

• 1 year later...

I have a channel that provides research by serial number within 5 days.

The price is 60$ and it includes Award Record Card and Citation.

For additional 25$ you will get Service Record Card and Picture of the recipient if he was an officer.

If someone interested, write me and I'll give you more information.

Now the price is 15$ for Award Record Card by number.

As many of you are probably already aware there are a number of websites that are quite useful in researching recipients of Soviet awards during the Great Patriotic War if you know their name (and can read and type in Russian):

1. http://www.podvig-naroda.ru/?#tab=navHome - this site allows one to download the приказ and the наградной лист for each recipient.

2. http://www.obd-memorial.ru/html/index.html - which allows one to find the rank, unit, date of death, place of death, place of burial, and next of kin of those who died during the Great Patriotic War.

• 3 years later...

Dear Dave,

I am new to the site and am interested in learning about researching Soviet orders as I collected a few many years ago when I lived in the Ukraine but never did the homework on them. In fact, I am not sure if they are fakes or not. I will post some photos at some point to see member's opinions on them. I tried the link in the your opening message of this thread to get the pdf about researching but it doesnt seem to work any longer. Could you repost it? Thanks for any help.

Yanni

• 6 months later...

Hello! I'm a newbie too and I need your advice though the topic seems a bit abandoned. I have recently bought a something looking like Russia Great Patriotic War (thank you Google) and I would like to know if it's not a fake and how rare it is. I bought it at the Udelnaya flea market in Saint Petersburg, here it is https://petersburg.expert/blog/udelnaya-flea-market/, correct me if I'm wrong (got no idea how many flea markets there are in SP). Is it a trustworthy place? Again, I'm a complete idiot with military awards and I really hope you can help me. 

Hello! I'm a newbie too and I need your advice though the topic seems a bit abandoned. I have recently bought a something looking like Russia Great Patriotic War (thank you Google) and I would like to know if it's not a fake and how rare it is. I bought it at the Udelnaya flea market in Saint Petersburg, here it is https://petersburg.expert/blog/udelnaya-flea-market/, correct me if I'm wrong (got no idea how many flea markets there are in SP). Is it a trustworthy place? Again, I'm a complete idiot with military awards and I really hope you can help me. 

Ohh I'm sorry for the double post, could the moderator fix it?

• 3 weeks later...

'Russia Great Patriotic War'? Do you mean an Order of the Patriotic War? Can you post an image so we know what we are discussing? If it's a real one it can be researched, but my experience with Russian flea markets is that they don't sell original orders and medals, for the simply reason that such trade is prohibited in Russia by law.