News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• Replies 75
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another one with Beamtenband and two inofficial medals, Crown-Prince-Rupprecht medal and Golden Wedding medal 1918. This is the top one of two rows. Might be a Zahlmeister:

File1730aaa1.jpg

Edited by webr55

• 2 weeks later...

hello Gentlemen,

I found a bavarian ribbon bar.

Perhaps it is interesting enough to be shown here.

:catjava::catjava:

Greetings

Uwe (Bretzen)

Definitely interesting with the 40yr oakleaves! Only a couple of them around, thanks for showing! :beer:

I haven't been able to find this guy, though. He's got the Austrian ribbon without a device, so if that is not an error, he would have still been at NCO-level for at least the first part of WW1. Maybe this is a Zahlmeister type, who nevertheless got the BMV4X on the usual war ribbon.

Guest Rick Research

Difficult to tell from just ribbons. Wish the MEDAL bar was around to clear up those thorny Multiple Choice ribbons!

It would seem "easy" to find somebody with a Wehrmacht 40, but it is not. Most of the few recipients were not antedeluvian dinosaurs like von Rudnstedt in top generals' ranks, but strange zD types or Beamten who are much harder to track down.

If that's an Austro-Hungarian Franz Joseph-Ritter on the war ribbon, that might be a traceable combination. If it is, as my Evil twin suggests, an ex-NCO's bar, then most likely that wearer was 60 years old and an Oberleutnant-level clerk in an administrative department.

I'll save the image and see if we can get lucky for a change.

Gentlemen,

Lots of very interesting stuff here, thank you all for your posts.

Christophe, could you please tell us what the first six of Ritter von Kaufmann?s decorations are?

Stogie, a great presentation which pretty much covers all aspects. Isn?t the Mecklenburg decoration in post #21 quite rare to Bavarians?

Thanks again and best wishes,

Wild Card

Thank you and a Happy New Year to you as well.

Regarding that Mecklenburg award, I guess that all we can say is that it is for 1870. In my opinion, while not entirely impossible, 1866 and 1877 crosses would be just too far of a stretch. A Strelitz bravery cross? Also, I suppose that a merit cross to the Wendian Crown order is as much a possibility as any of the above. Whatever it is, I?m sure that it is a fascinating story.

Best wishes, :beer:

Wild Card