News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Blood Order # 164

Guest Rick Research

Eric: You'd think that a lowwwwww number would be some indication of importance, but such is not the case.

The ONLY published list that I know of was Klaus D. Patzwall's "Der Blutorden der NSDAP" published by himself in 1985. These can sometimes still be found on used books lists.

I've added what I have been able to find on holders in the 21 years since, but on Herr Kurz of the 2nd Company, Battalion Teja of Bund Oberland I come up empty.

The very best detailed account of the events of 8/9 November 1923 was written by my olate and very much lamented college mentor Harold J. Gordon, Jr in 1972-- "Hitler and the Beer Hall Putsch." He actually KNEW many of the participants, and I spent many happy hours immersed in his correspondence files while he was still alive 30 years ago.

Eric,

If it is of any help the Bund Oberland was formed by members of the Freikorps Oberland after the latter was dissolved in 1921. The Bund Oberland aligned itself with the NSDAP and particpated in the 1923 Putsch. Here is a link to the Blood Order of one of his comrades now for sale.

Dan

http://www.emedals.ca/catalog.asp?item=GRC337

• 3 weeks later...
    • 6 months later...

Eric: You'd think that a lowwwwww number would be some indication of importance, but such is not the case.

The ONLY publishedlist that I know of was Klaus D. Patzwall's "Der Blutorden der NSDAP" published by himself in 1985. These can sometimes still be found on used books lists.

I've added what I have been able to find on holders in the 21 years since, but on Herr Kurz of the 2nd Company, Battalion Teja of Bund Oberland I come up empty.

The very best detailed account of the events of 8/9 November 1923 was written by my olate and very much lamented college mentor Harold J. Gordon, Jr in 1972-- "Hitler and the Beer Hall Putsch." He actually KNEW many of the participants, and I spent many happy hours immersed in his correspondence files while he was still alive 30 years ago.

Holy c :Cat-Scratch: !!

You knew Gordon????

He is legendary. I was talking to someone about him last night!!

What happened to his files?

Guest Rick Research

Yes, Patzwall has them all 99.9% up through the 15XXs.

#869 = Otto H?chner, 2. Komp. SA Regiment M?nchen. I have nothing extra on him either, unfortunately.

At U Mass Amherst, I hope. Though his widow (one of THE LaFollettes) may have retained possession given that half his "archive" was an arsenal. :catjava: I lost all track since my immediately derailed graduate school plans tossed me into a baker's dozen of "American" candidates to whose field I was obliged to adjust from my Eurocentric ways. Odd, since in the end I was the sole survivor of that crew 13 -12.

Guest Rick Research

Either boxed away forgotten like the last scene in "Raiders of the Lost Ark" or still in the hands, I would hope, of his family-- youngest was just entering college as I was leaving. A room full of PERSONAL correspondence for decades with the Subjects Of History. :jumping: And guns. Professors with guns in their study. Times have changed. :cheeky:

One of the oddities of the whole Beer Hall Putsch situation is that, last I knew (pre-reunification) the trial records are under seal until the last person involved has been dead for 99 years. Ah, those "sensitive" Germans!

Alas for we Mere Mortals, that would be then-chief of the Bavarian State Police, LaPo Oberst Hans Ritter von Seisser

who died

ironically enough

in HIS 99th year--

in 1973. :speechless1:

I will most assured NOT be Down For Breakfast in Anno Domini 2072

since no member of my family has made to their hundred-and-teens. A 5 year old in 2007 who retires at age 70 then WILL be. :banger:

Anyone know at which number the 1st pattern ended and the second pattern began? I have a second pattern document and have not been able to find any information around the name of the recipient. I assume the award he received was probably way beyond the 1500's.

Richard V

Guest Rick Research

What's the name and date? We have to get lucky with SOMEBODY I've got something extra on eventually!

Rick, the guy's name was Mathias Millonig. I had a friend check Patzwall's Blood Order book and Millonig is listed in the application list XIV of Oct 21, 1939. His listing indicates he was from the town of Klein St. Paul in Kaernten. It'll be interesting to see if any additional information can be found. I'd be particularly interested in seeing if his BO number can be ascertained. It would probably be like looking for a needle in a haystack to try to reunite the two, but I'd like to give it a try. Be nice to see what he did to receive the award too.

Richard V

I'll try to scan it this Friday when I have a day off work and take a closer look at the document when I get home tonight.

Edited by Richard V