News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Luftwaffe Medal Bar

Nick

Beautiful "Schinkelform" EK2! Nice to see a period Spanish Civil War Medal with the period variation riband, whose red was not as vivid as that of the postwar, replacement issues one could buy in Spanish tailors' shops until a few years ago.

PK

Here is the one from Fw. Heinz Holzhey, pilot in 2.(H)/AG 31

Ehrenpokal: 13.09.1943

DKiG: 17.10.1943

* Going by memory, he received the SC in silver with swords

Nick & Franscois,

Those are :jumping: BEAUTIFUL Bars !!! :jumping: Congrats!! I really like the Military Merit Medal.

:beer: Doc

Here is the one wich came with some docs I have from Oblt. Herwig Kn?ppel - 8 victories in Spain, will be killed over France on May 19th, 1940 as commandant of II./JG 26 after 3 new air victories

... 8 victories in spain and only the merit militar cross?

Prosper makes an interesting point, many of the earliest ribbons for both the '39 EK2 & '39 KVK had ribbons that tended towards the orange/red spectrum. It's really nice to see one in a mounted group. I have often wondered if the color is simply an age issue, or if they were actually made that way. I tend to lean more towards it being an age issue. in any event, GREAT bar Nick!!