News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• Replies 76
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Bill, thanks for adding your example. Always good to be able to compare pieces. It's nice to be of some help.

--dj--Joe

Hello Don and Joe thanks for your replies. I figured I'd put mine in too because it's nice to have threads with as many badges and makers that we can. Thanks

Bill

• 6 months later...
    • 2 weeks later...
    • 1 year later...

Thought that I'd add a couple more variations for anyone interested:

Hermann Aurich, their correct symbol (as opposed to the fake form of this where the "H" looks more like a "B") is under the Ges. Gesch & hidden by the pin.

And one I've never seen before, Hillenbrand & Bröer, Ludenscheid.

Double marked with their full name plus their initials "HB". They have also used Ges. Geschutz rather than the shorter version.

Another interesting point, this is a tad smaller than the normal Abeits Dank pin coming in at 21 x 14mm rather than the usual 22 x 15mm....

Cheers

Don

A couple of great pictures Odulf, thank you for posting them. However I suspect that it is not an "Arbeits Dank" badge that he is wearing but rather the "RAD Honour pin" (Erinnerungsnadel), see here http://gmic.co.uk/in...showtopic=13608

I'm very interested in the other pin he is wearing. It looks like the RAD Ostpreußen traditions cap badge, however the centre of the cross on the badge he is wearing shows a white area. The standard RAD Ostpreußen badge does not have this, see the attached image for comparison.

http://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_12_2011/post-1252-0-53359100-1324569875.jpgNow Don got my interest so I took my Poloroid and shot a couple of less-than-perfect shots of Arbeits Dank......I hope that cloth is acceptable on this topic.

Good to hear from you again Mijke & of course cloth examples are acceptable. To be honest I've never seen one before so thank you for showing it.

A lovely set indeed, do any of the pins have maker marks?

Thanks for sharing them with us.

Cheers

Don

I've got to start paying closer attention. I've been missing some top notch posts.

Mijke, nice assemblage. Would the cloth piece be for the sports shirt?

Don, could the large pin in question on Odulf's image be religious? I think I see a cross on the pocket of the upper picture.

I also thought singing or music related. (?)

Odulf, nice pictures, thanks for showing them.

Nice additions Don. I'd not seen the Hillenbrand & Bröer any time before. Interesting their set up of the HB.

--dj--Joe

A couple of great pictures Odulf, thank you for posting them. However I suspect that it is not an "Arbeits Dank" badge that he is wearing but rather the "RAD Honour pin" (Erinnerungsnadel), see here http://gmic.co.uk/in...showtopic=13608

I'm very interested in the other pin he is wearing. It looks like the RAD Ostpreußen traditions cap badge, however the centre of the cross on the badge he is wearing shows a white area. The standard RAD Ostpreußen badge does not have this, see the attached image for comparison.

I agree with your observation considering the Ostpreußen traditions badge, the centre of the badge is reflecting the light of the flash, and it shows like white... Also, the Abteilingsabzeichen (6/10) is from Ostpreußen, thus conforming the Erinnerungsabzeichen.

East Prussian Traditions Badge. Worn on the side of the cap? If it were this on his sport jacket I would pity the jacket. Paulman and Crone.

PS This is the final piece I received from Herr Niemann before his retirement. His timing was impeccable!

I've got to start paying closer attention. I've been missing some top notch posts. Mijke, nice assemblage. Would the cloth piece be for the sports shirt? Don, could the large pin in question on Odulf's image be religious? I think I see a cross on the pocket of the upper picture. I also thought singing or music related. (?) Odulf, nice pictures, thanks for showing them. Nice additions Don. I'd not seen the Hillenbrand & Bröer any time before. Interesting their set up of the HB. --dj--Joe

I would assume that the patch would be for the sports shirt.......knowing Don, I would think that he has a picture of it being worn in his sock drawer!! Mike

Sorry for my late replies... Holidays! :blush:

I agree with your observation considering the Ostpreußen traditions badge, the centre of the badge is reflecting the light of the flash, and it shows like white... Also, the Abteilingsabzeichen (6/10) is from Ostpreußen, thus conforming the Erinnerungsabzeichen.

I'm not convinced that it is reflected light.... That was my first thought, but when you compare both pictures the badge is at different angles in each one & the white area is still in the same spot, plus the lighting is different. Surely the spot would have moved if the badge is angled differently?

I thought I would add Dinsel to this thread. Know if I remember to write down my new password I will be able to contribute a little.

Great to see you back Robert, thank for sharing the Dinsel with us, another new one on me.

I would assume that the patch would be for the sports shirt.......knowing Don, I would think that he has a picture of it being worn in his sock drawer!! Mike

I'm afraid not Mijke, wish I had though...

D