News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Pictures of 1939 EK I,II with packet, and 1939 spange? and questions

No expert - but the EK1 looks to be something that was repaired in the past, but was made from original parts at least. The appearance of paint in the inner rim of the beading suggest that the core was repainted at one point when it was whole at one time. The EK's look OK to me - but the packet and the Spange are something I would avoid. But - if it was your wife that went and got them for you - remember she is probably not an expert and its not often that they go out ther and look for stuff for you. If it were my house - I would keep them as it would remind me that I have a wife who tries to get me something that is important to me. Even if cast copies - I would porbably frame them and put them on the wall for all to see - that I have a loving wife who supports my hobby.

Put it in perspective - when was the last itme you knew what type of sewing machine or kitchen gadget to get for her? She smiles on Christmas day and says thanks doesnt she?

No expert - but the EK1 looks to be something that was repaired in the past, but was made from original parts at least. The appearance of paint in the inner rim of the beading suggest that the core was repainted at one point when it was whole at one time. The EK's look OK to me - but the packet and the Spange are something I would avoid. But - if it was your wife that went and got them for you - remember she is probably not an expert and its not often that they go out ther and look for stuff for you. If it were my house - I would keep them as it would remind me that I have a wife who tries to get me something that is important to me. Even if cast copies - I would porbably frame them and put them on the wall for all to see - that I have a loving wife who supports my hobby.

Put it in perspective - when was the last itme you knew what type of sewing machine or kitchen gadget to get for her? She smiles on Christmas day and says thanks doesnt she?

You are very correct, she is one of a kind. And to be honest with you, she is the one who wants to send the items back if they are not correct due to the seller selling them as originals. (She also collects but not militaria) RS Prussian porcelin and antiques. She does not like to be taken advantage of, she will only buy from dealers who will stand behind thier items. Also I would never give her a gift such as a kitchen gadget or a sewing machine. Every year she gives me as gifts a few pieces of militaria.

I'm totally agreed with Dond that anything needs that much time for

explaining is absolutely not worth to keeping it.

Plus, its a deformed piece anyway.

It has no business for being in your collection cabinet! :shame:

regards

Bishop

I'm totally agreed with Dond that anything needs that much time for

explaining is absolutely not worth to keeping it.

Plus, its a deformed piece anyway.

It has no business for being in your collection cabinet! :shame:

regards

Bishop

I agree, the EK1 was sent back this morning. I have leraned a great deal about EKs since posting this thread. Thanks to everyone who posted, this is a great site for collecting information.