News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

More Luftwaffe Collar Tabs

• Replies 229
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
    • 2 weeks later...

Dear Gefreiter,

He is a member of a Luftwaffe band unit, an Obermusikmeister (equivalent to a Oberleutnant). The tabs he is wearing are the post 37 pattern.

He is wearing the SA sports badge on his pocket flap and a medal bar with: 1914 EK2, Combattant Hindenburg Cross, unknown and (I believe) a Prussian Long service award.

Reverse apperars to have his rank and name "Obermusikmeister Paul Kutze of the Luftwaffe".

Gary B

Dear Gefreiter,

He is a member of a Luftwaffe band unit, an Obermusikmeister (equivalent to a Oberleutnant). The tabs he is wearing are the post 37 pattern.

He is wearing the SA sports badge on his pocket flap and a medal bar with: 1914 EK2, Combattant Hindenburg Cross, unknown and (I believe) a Prussian Long service award.

Reverse apperars to have his rank and name "Obermusikmeister Paul Kutze of the Luftwaffe".

Gary B

Thank you Mr Gary B , very much for your help :blush:

Greetings

Thank you Mr Gary B , very much for your help :blush:

Greetings

WOW!!! There were not too many of these men(estimated about 50). Nice score on the photograph. I concur completely with Gary's analysis! :jumping:

• 3 months later...
    • 2 months later...
    • 2 weeks later...

Gary,

All along I thought you were a SERIOUS WW2 German militaria collector!!! Nice stuff, really.

Happy New Year!

Bob

Hi Bob!

Nice to see you over on this forum too! I look forward to seeing more of your fabulous collection in the coming year!

Happy New Year!

Gary B

People think I'm an SS collector because I comment on it most of the time. For many years Willi Schumacher was my mentor and taught me a lot about Waffen-SS, but I could never really afford to collect it, so I collect Wehrmacht (Armed Forces): Heer, Luftwaffe and Kriegsmarine. In fact just today I picked up a package from Bill Shea with a beautiful Kriegsmarine enlisted overseas cap with the emblem on the side for U-391, which was sunk with all hands in the Bay of Biscay in 1943 while returning from its first patrol. It was attacked and sunk by an RAF bomber on anti-submarine patrol. Here is a picture of the cap:

Bob

Edited by bob wirtz

Paul,

I've already been posting some of my stuff on this forum. Check this out: http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=39255

That has some of my Wehrmacht uniforms on it. I've got five Luftwaffe, including a major general named to Johannes Schleich (which I'm still paying on), 5 Kriegsmarine (of which one is a Konteradmiral and service cap, which I will start paying on in June 2010 and finish in October 2010), and two Heer, including on Oberfeldwebel black panzer uniform (3 piece) with M38 overseas cap with pink soutache.

Bob

Paul,

I've already been posting some of my stuff on this forum. Check this out: http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=39255

That has some of my Wehrmacht uniforms on it. I've got five Luftwaffe, including a major general named to Johannes Schleich (which I'm still paying on), 5 Kriegsmarine (of which one is a Konteradmiral and service cap, which I will start paying on in June 2010 and finish in October 2010), and two Heer, including on Oberfeldwebel black panzer uniform (3 piece) with M38 overseas cap with pink soutache.

Bob

Looking forward to seeing them in 2010!

Gary B