News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

My Thai...

Chris Boonzaier

I think this is for the non active participants in the indochina war? Top bar is missing on it.

It is indeed for the Indochinese war, but I can't confirm the non-active aspect. When I bought mine in Bangkok, my Royal Thai Army friends said nothing about different versions for non-active service. I have a wonderful book on Thai ODM which lists this on page 141 as the "Medal for Service in the Interior". It is shown in an inferior position to an exactly similar medal in silver with a green ribbon with red center stripe which is the "War for East Asia" (WW II) equivalent. Unfortunately, all the explanatory text is in Thai, so, unless I find an interpreter, that's all I can offer for now. The ribbon for your medal is red with a center stripe of white. There should be a top bar and an elaborate scroll suspender. The same tri-service insignia appears on a number of the Thai medals, but it is usually superimposed on an antique Thai sword running from top right to lower left. If anyone has a Thai interpreter, I can scan the relevant page from the book.