News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Orders and Medals of the Mus?e National de la L?gion d'Honneur

Christophe

Living in Paris, I can have conveniently the opportunity to visit the Mus?e de la L?gion d'Honneur.

This museum, closed during several years, has just re-opened its doors last November.

A thread has been dedicated to the re-opening of the Museum, inaugurated by jacques Chirac, President of the Republic of France :

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=12826

As I can easily pay it a visit, if you're interested, I propose you to post here pictures of the orders and medals you want.

Don't hesitate, just ask... and I'll try to do it!! :beer: But, please, don't be too demanding regarding the timing :rolleyes: .

Meanwhile, here are a few pics of this Museum. Many more to come!!! :jumping:

Cheers.

Ch.

Display case of the orders of Jean-Jacques R?gis de Cambac?r?s (1753-1824), French polititician who became, amongst other positions, Second Consul when Napoleon Bonaparte was the 1st one.

Ch.

Pic : ? Christophe ? ChR Collection

Edited by Christophe

Romania - Order of Carol I

As requested by Carol I (our Forum Member...) , plaque and insignia of Grand Cross, and Collar of the Order of Carol I. Gift of Carol II, King of Romania to france, in 1937.

Ch.

Edited by Christophe

Christophe,

Great pictures! I am dissappointed to see that I just missed the re-opening of this Museum by a few days while on our Honeymoon. It will give us another excuse to go to Paris again. Oh yes, she'll love to go back to the Louis Vuitton Store on the Champs. Thank you again for posting your pictures. :cheers:

Regards,

Joel

As requested by Carol I (our Forum Member...) , plaque and insignia of Grand Cross, and Collar of the Order of Carol I. Gift of Carol II, King of Romania to france, in 1937.

Thank you very much Christophe for these images. It's great to see that this order has been preserved with such care.

Christophe,

Great pictures! I am dissappointed to see that I just missed the re-opening of this Museum by a few days while on our Honeymoon. It will give us another excuse to go to Paris again. Oh yes, she'll love to go back to the Louis Vuitton Store on the Champs. Thank you again for posting your pictures. :cheers:

Regards,

Joel

Hi Joel,

First, my congratulations for your recent wedding. :jumping::jumping: I wish you two all the best :beer: .

Second, just tell her that the most beautiful jewels in Paris are for sure located in the Hotel de Salm (the name of the Palace hosting the Museum), and that she has to see them before making any shopping in Louis Vuitton or Place Vend?me... :rolleyes: And, again, the Orsay Museum is just facing the Mus?e de la L?gion d'Honneur...

Cheers.

Ch.

Christophe,

Thank You for posting the pictures. The museum looks to be "wheelchair friendly"!! I hope to be able to come to Paris :jumping: GREAT pictures of the Orders and Medals :jumping:

:beer: Doc

Doc,

Again, I will check this, bur I'm quite sure of the "wheelchair friendly" aspect of the place. You can see an elevator on one of the pics.

Ch.

Doc,

I checked in the small free leaflet given at the entrance of the Museum.

There is an access for disabled persons :

1 rue de Solferino 75007 Paris. I understand you have to call in advance (and take an appointment - RV, "Rendez-Vous" in french) at +33 1 40 62 84 25.

The main access of the Museum is : 2 rue de la L?gion d'Honneur (parvis du Mus?e d'Orsay) 75007 Paris.

Hope this helps... and if you need more, please, just ask.

Cheers.

Ch.

In post # 6, isn't that first painting on the left General of the Army Dwight Eisenhower, later US president?

As far as I remember, you are right. If I remember well, there was also a "repentir" in his medals (a WW2 Croix de Guerre added after the picture had been painted). I'll check this.

Ch.

Romania - Order of Ferdinand I

Plaque and insignia of Grand Cross, and Collar of the Order of Ferdinand I. Gift of Carol II, King of Romania to France, in 1937.

Ch.

Edited by Christophe