News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Guest Rick Research

Is there any listing known of who got these "A.H." dated badges? As in press releases, or were these more low key presentations?

As OFFICIAL DECORATIONS, these are more "significant" than the surprisingly large proportion of simple, ordinary, long-dues paying members who most of the NUMBERED Gold Party Badge winners seem to have been. But I have always been fascinated by who the earliest of early Nazis WERE. The PEOPLE have always interested me in all the collecting I do than their actual odds and ends.

Every one of these has a whole human story behind it, and it is rare indeed to find that as well documented as the group you've got. Nothing beats a face and vital statistics!

• Replies 104
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't agree more. Unfortunately , this badge came with no provinence , but it is a textbook example. I think there were only 650 of these presented , if I remember correctly. I have no knowledge of a list of recipients , but one may exist.

Best

Kurt

Guest WAR LORD

MOST IMPORTANT, THE NUMBER 650 FOR THE AH BADGES IS QUITE INCORECT. There are thousands of this type. They come in all shapes and sizes. They can be given for special occasions, birthdays you name it. They had it. The engraved pieces in my opinion are the most desirable, the stamped ones have been heavily faked.

Very interesting. The 650 number is one I've recently stumbled upon , but I cannot claim that it is anything more than one person's opinion. I believe they meant 650 sets , which would account for 1300 of these badges.

Do you have a photo or link to one of the engraved badges? Thanks for any help.

Best

Kurt

Guest WAR LORD

The 650 is quite irelavant. It dose not meen sets. There could have been in the thousands of this award. As an example on 30 January 1937 Hitler presented all 16 members of the Reich Cabinet the AH Golden Party Badge. The citation reffered to it as "The highest decoration of the Party". This was supperceded by the German Order with the first bestowal on 11 Febuary 1942 on the death of Fritz Todt. Other interested dated awards were Field Marshal Keitel for his direction of the occupation of the Sudetenland in 1938. Von Brauchitsch recieved a pair of dated badges 15/16 March 1939 for the occupation of Prague. Generalleutnant Bodenschatz was presented with dated badges for his 50th Birthday 11 December 1940. Grand Admiral Doenitz recieved the AH badge on 30 January 1943 for war service.There is a AH Badge dated 7.12.40 the purpouse of this badge is unknown.

• 3 months later...

TERRIFIC find!!! Congratulations! :beer:

Very nice collection guys!!!

I really do not collect these, yet I am looking for one that belonged to my great grandfather... I have never seen a complete cased set before!

(His complete record is in the research area of this forum)

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=2626

Wilhelm Reck, SS Standartenfuhrer. NSDAP-Nr.: 88362

SS-Nr.: 1422

Decorations & Awards:

00.00.191_ 1914 Eisernes Kreuz II. Klasse

ca. 1934 Ehrenkreuz f?r Frontk?mpfer

00.00.193_ Goldenes Ehrenzeichen der NSDAP

00.00.194_ Dienstauszeichnung der NSDAP in Silber

00.00.194_ Dienstauszeichnung der NSDAP in Bronze

00.00.193_ Ehrendegen des Reichsf?hrers-SS

00.00.193_ Totenkopfring der SS,

00.00.193_ SS-Zivilabzeichen (Nr. 604)

16.12.1935 Julleuchter der SS;

00.00.1933 Ehrenwinkel f?r alte K?mpfer

ca. 1932 Tyr-Rune (presumably)(for graduation from the Reichsf?hrerschule der SA, M?nchen)

Now, my question is...

Was the serialized number on the back of the golden party badge the NSDAP number?

Warm regards

Paul Reck

Edited by Paul Reck

Paul,

Yes , the number on the badge is the recipient's NSDAP membership number.

Good luck finding your Great Grandfather's badge! Definitely a tall order , but stranger things have happened , I'm sure.

Best

Kurt

Hi Kurt,

Thank you for your words of encouragement. We know that there is at least one set out there... somewhere.

I do have one question... Being in the military myself, I know that I have more than one set of uniforms with the insignia to go along with them. Did the average Golden Party Badge awardee have more than one for all of his uniforms or other garments? If so, were they all numbered or simply "jeweler's copies"?

Warm regards

Paul :beer:

Edited by Paul Reck

Paul,

From what I understand , each recipient was given at least one 24MM badge for civilian wear and a 30MM for military wear. I have seen up to 6 (three pairs) with the same badge number. I know , too , that many had to be repaired , so I assume many were also lost or found to be beyond repair , and were therefore replaced. I have a feeling that if a member requested more badges , if would happen one way or another. If one had several uniforms , he might want extra badges , and I am sure some members acquired extras just for convenience.

Best

Kurt

Paul,

From what I understand , each recipient was given at least one 24MM badge for civilian wear and a 30MM for military wear. I have seen up to 6 (three pairs) with the same badge number. I know , too , that many had to be repaired , so I assume many were also lost or found to be beyond repair , and were therefore replaced. I have a feeling that if a member requested more badges , if would happen one way or another. If one had several uniforms , he might want extra badges , and I am sure some members acquired extras just for convenience.

Best

Kurt

Thank you for your response... Maybe one day I will find one with the number I am looking for. I hope that he had a lot of extras to increase my odds!

:P

Reini you have a wonderful grouping , a complete collection in it's own right.

I also own 4 Gold Party badges and an award doc but unf , they don't match. I learned that before the US turned all of the NSDAP records back over to the German Gov , everything was microfilmed and brought back to the US . One day I called the Gov archives in Alexandria Virginia and spoke to a researcher there about the poss of connecting one of my numbers with a name. He told me that I would have to come there in person and look it up myself , but it could be done. He did tell me however that they've found that after a person had died , his number could have been reissued because they've found duplicate numbers in the archives. If this is true , it would make it a lot harder to confirm who actually owned an undocumented badge.

--Mike

I've heard they also have a few of Hitler's artworks there. I can only imagine what else they have squirrled away. That's not a very far drive for me. I may look into taking a trip.

I love Luft badges , but these GPBs really tell the story for me. Plus , I think the 30MM is the finest all TR badges. Just amazing workmanship and color , in my opinion. I've lucked into mine and could never afford today's prices. The case was not cheap , but a friend's help doubtlessly saved me a buck or two. I shiver at the thought of what a dealer would charge.

I would consider four of these an accomplishment , regardless of whether they are matched. Finding a realistically priced GPB that isn't sold seems impossible. I blame Schindler and he didn't even have one!

Best

Kurt

• 1 month later...
    • 7 months later...

Outstanding Kurt! Very impressive indeed.

Thanks for posting your beauties and getting this thread started!

I very much enjoyed reading it.

Best Regards,

Rob.

Very nice Badges everyone! I'm new to this Forum and thought i would share some of my Badges

30mm

Very nice!

The 24mm is superb and the others ain't too shabby , either. Would you care to share the reverses? I find the reverse so much more interesting , just because of the number , but understand if you're witholding the info from fakers.

These are still my favorite badge of the period. Great show!

Best

Kurt

Very nice!

The 24mm is superb and the others ain't too shabby , either. Would you care to share the reverses? I find the reverse so much more interesting , just because of the number , but understand if you're witholding the info from fakers.

These are still my favorite badge of the period. Great show!

Best

Kurt

Here is the reverse of the first 30mm