News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Reviving this thread and posting my matching numbered pair (71642) for viewing and opinions. No idea who this party member was, but he or she obviously wore them regularly, which is normal. As I understand it, the smaller one is by Fuess and the larger, of course, by Deschler. Interesting are the seldom-seen, brooch-type attachment pins on the reverse.

The case in which I keep this matching pair was acquired separately.

All period originals...I hope!

Thanks for viewing and any feedback.

Regards,

John

Large GPB:

Edited by John Burchell

• Replies 104
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

Thanks Stan for sharing such wonderful material - - - I am not quite so fortunate - - - I have several badges, NSDAP membership books and certificates - - - - but sadly no matching sets !

Stan,

Will you please show a close up view of the 24mm badge both obverse and reverse.

I'm not sure that this is the same badge that I viewed before and commented on.

Best regards,

John Pepera

John,

Here are the scans you requested. Is everything as it should be?

Stan

Stan,

The badge shown is a no-brainer and is 100% authentic with no alterations or embellishments.

Stan, are you sure that this is the same badge that you originally sent to me and inquired for my opinion? It seems to me that the badge that you sent to me had a reattached pin plate, had solder seeping around the pin plate and if I am not remiss, the pin plate was replaced upside down?

Best regards,

John

Stan,

The badge shown is a no-brainer and is 100% authentic with no alterations or embellishments.

Stan, are you sure that this is the same badge that you originally sent to me and inquired for my opinion? It seems to me that the badge that you sent to me had a reattached pin plate, had solder seeping around the pin plate and if I am not remiss, the pin plate was replaced upside down?

Best regards,

John

John,

you are looking for this one. It was me rather than Stan asking your opinion. I am in contact with the seller to get close-ups of the Fuess.

80070-1-0.jpg

80070-2-0.jpg

Opinions are welcome.

Edited by der-hase-fee

Here are the new pictures. What about the out-of-place "7" ?

Not to worry - everything else is as it should be. No fake has managed to reproduce all these subtle correct features - yet. The numbers on this one were impressed individually instead of as a group, as was occasionally the case.

Edited by Gold Party Pin Guy

Stephan,

For the first time I am in disagreement with your opinion.

I am not content with the 24mm badge and I'm not absolutely comfortable with the 30mm badge considering the photo being offered.

Best regards,

John

Hi John,

I don't worry about being disagreed with, except when it is by you. ;)

I'll explain a couple of things I like and am happy to discuss. The Fuess badge has the thin letters under the red of a real Fuess (the "I" is like a spike, and the "H" has sharp feet. The "P" has a square top). No fake I have seen has reproduced these - yet. The top right laurel leaf of the wreath has a large lobe to the bottom. There is no sign of lines over the leaves themselves and the base metal is exactly what I'd expect to see under the gilding with wear.

On the pinplate, the maker name and wording is stamped off-centre - a feature of originals - and the "C" in Munchen is rounder than it is tall.

On the large badge, I think the front is the victim of a poor scan, but the letters and wreath look right. The "T" in "SOZIALISTISCHE" looks like a rock-hammer (a slightly deformed top), as it should on originals.

On the back, the pinplate has a slightly uneven bottom edge, as it should be. All fakes I have seen have a smooth and straight bottom edge. I don't like pointing all this out, as some of these are not well known ways of detecting the fakes.

I have never seen fakes that have got all these things right, so that is why I think these are fine.

Edited by Gold Party Pin Guy

Thanks to everyone, the discussion is very much appreciated. I will post the higher resolution pictures of the Deschler tonight.

Below are the pictures. What strikes me as odd is that some letters on the pin plate are not properly embossed; the "D" of DESCHLER appears to be missing !

deschler_obverse.jpg

deschler_reverse.jpg