News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

The Hamelman book...

How many of you Imperial collectors own (or in some cases, know of) the Hamelman book about Imperial Iron Cross documents?

It is long out of print, the quality of the printing is not good and it has numerous errors, but that can all be overlooked as it is a relatively early work and in those days info was much harder to come by... and it is the only Imperial EK doc book around so far.

Guest Rick Research

There are a bunch (but no "f?r Kriegsverdienst in der Heimat" like the Holy Grail :rolleyes: I've posted elsewhere here) in the EXCELLENT, massive 2002

"Verleihungsurkunden und Besitzzeugnisse aus dem K?nigreich Preussen und der Republik Preussen 1793-1972" by Dietmar Raksch and published by Detlev Niemann.

There are a bunch (but no "f?r Kriegsverdienst in der Heimat" like the Holy Grail :rolleyes: I've posted elsewhere here) in the EXCELLENT, massive 2002

"Verleihungsurkunden und Besitzzeugnisse aus dem K?nigreich Preussen und der Republik Preussen 1793-1972" by Dietmar Raksch and published by Detlev Niemann.

Indeed there are, but only about 10-15 EK docs. It is the best source on Prussian docs.

hamelman has, if I remember correctly, over 120, maybe 150 EK docs.

It is well worth having a copy, I left mine out in the rain some time ago, but it is still usable.

It's off-topic but... does anyone have "The Prussian and German Iron Cross" by Bowen, V. E? Is it worth having?

Not a bad book, but I wouldn't consider it a "must have". I would say almost everything in it is covered by "The Iron Time" without the errata and the photos leave a lot to be desired. The only copies I've seen available are just that, bound photocopies from a certain notorious ex-officer in Maryland :rolleyes: . Definitely don't wat your money on one of them

• 9 years later...

Just totalling up the documents I have covered in the ongoing work on EK docs, I am at 220 at the moment, hoping to squeeze in at least 450 variations. Will still leave me with a lot uncovered, but I will have to take that step at a later date.