News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Orden "Ernesto Che Guevara"

Stogieman

• 3 weeks later...

In reply to your June 1st post,

The stripe looks larger than most other examples found online and greyer as our dear Rick (R.I.P) mentioned. The previous posts' ribbons almost look like Red Star Ribbon (USSR)

For discussions sake, is there anything on that ribbon bar that is identified that should be all white, that is grey? a different fabric being used could explain it.

Edited by Rogi

• 1 month later...

Thanks, Rogi. I don't think we should take the width too seriously. It varies on Ehm's different bars, probably no one had much experience with it. The ribbon is certainly not a second Red Star, as it is clearly different from the Red Star ribbon that is used. Moreover, it is put in very different places, not always together with the Red Star.

• 5 months later...

On a vaguely related note, I was just in Cuba for a week, last week, and saw Che everywhere!  However, he phiz was almost entirely on tee shirts, cigar boxes, ash trays and jewelry, while all of the dozen or so statues and busts I saw in parks and outside government buildings were of Jose Marti.  Not sure what if anything it signifies, but thought it interesting.