News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• 7 months later...

Here's my contribution to this excellent thread.

First of all, two cast FAKES of the eagle, one with "Jubil?umszahl". Ain't they UUUGLY ???

(you could have purchased these little "gems" at C. Zeige, Hamburg)

First of all:

Sorry for these "worst ever seen" pictures, it has been sold on Ebay with these.

I did never own this bar, but we CAN see at least the "Adler der Inhaber" is cast crap, the pictures are probably to bad to say anything about the EK II 1870, but the ribbons do not really look old, do they?

I don't see how you can see anything on those crappy pictures. Detlev had it in hand so I assume he had a better look than we can get from those pics.

I don't see how you can see anything on those crappy pictures. Detlev had it in hand so I assume he had a better look than we can get from those pics.

Dio you refer to all fakes I posted or only to the one on the bar? I have to admit the pictures are really bad, but I've seen the bar (about maybe one to two years) before in one of his friday's updates, of course with a better picture (which Im didn't safe, unfortunally). It WAS one of these cast fakes.

PS:

Would be nice if someone had a better picture of this bar, e.g. the one from DN's update. I know there are people saving pictures a medal bars - I also do so, but I missed this one.

Edited by saschaw

The early examples made by Hossauer are very nice. They are warped and just single sided enameled, yet finely detailed on the reverse.

I seem to remember one of these Hossauer pieces being up for sale (auction?) within the past year or so and it was truly outstanding. Below, we have an unmarked father and son posing in their case.

Wild Card, your's are again very nice, and genuine :blush:

Here's a photograph of a rather old guy (at least for me :P ) wearing the "Adler der Inhaber". He's been most likely a teacher so he probably had a very hard time and got only this little eagle for it ... :speechless:

Could anyone explain for me why he wears it in the female manner????

Kind regards,

Jacky

Dear Jacky:

Excellent observation on your part and a good question. As we can see, men in civillian attire also sometimes wore their awards on "bows". If you notice however, the ribbon ends are squarely finished and not "swallow-tail" cut. This is a slight difference from a bow that a female recipient would wear an award on.

I happen to have an 1813 EKII manufactured in the 1830's-40's which is on an old bow. It was probably worn like the award pictured above with civillian attire. I have also seen photos with Hussar soldiers wearing their "Attilla's" that were wearing EKII's on "bows" (there is no button-hole on an Attilla, only a loop for the toggle button!).

Best regards,

"SPM"

Edited by Schie?platzmeister

• 1 year later...

I'm glad I found this ooold thread again ... :P

The bar shown by me 'Aug 26 2006, 21:52' came now up on a German forum, with better pictures of course. I was right, neither the bar nor the eagle are good, and the owner will take it apart. At least the Iron cross is a very nice one.

:speechless:

Now that's (sometimes) an Expertise's worth ... :rolleyes: