News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

My DDR award

I'd seen one of those on Ebay and considered getting it but was short on $$'s so had to let it pass. Figured (hoped) there'd be another down the road. And don't think that one was cased.

Really love the scene pictured on this as of course the uniforms look very much WWII and with me also collecting flags, banners, finials and the like the flag/finial pictured is a wonderful bonus! Just a great piece all around.

Careful re: what appears to be a finger print on the upper field. :speechless1: You might want to carefully wipe that with a very soft cloth like you'd use for cleaning glasses... or some light tissue. That's the only bad thing about fingerprints on metal. I had just posted a hunting sword with engraved blade that has alot of finger mark damage on it because it wasn't cared for. Doesn't take much. I always make sure anyone looking at my blades handles them properly and I always give them a quick wipe down and put on a light coat of oil just in case. So far... no problems. And that's living in both the moist climate of Florida and the dry one up here in North Dakota.

Very nice... and especially to have it cased. Always a plus to get things complete whenever possible.

Thanks for sharing!!!! :beer:

Dan :cheers:

Edited by Hauptman