News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Korean War Medal groups

usairforce

Guest Rick Research

Medal is #957 in the People's Revolutionary Museum Illustrated Collection of badges book:

awarded by the Anti-American and Support-Korea Committee of the PRC Railways.

I am confused by the paperwork, which is clearly Soviet in origin, but written in Chinese inside. All I can make out from the texts on both is "39 Year" (???)

Brother Wang(usairforce), it seems that you should explain for friends here when you posted pictures.

It is the set of Medal of Anti US and Support North Korea of Chinese People's Voluntary Army Railway Branch. The paper is the award certificate. 39 is not for year, it is the division number. The awardee was a soldier of Regt 7, Div 39. The cover of this certificate is Lenin, Red Flag, etc.

Hope this helpful

Yours, Tang Si

Guest Rick Research

Yes indeed! :cheers: Does the word for a military "division" use the character for "year"and then another? The only "words" I have learned to read in Chinese are for day, month, year. :blush:

Yes indeed! :cheers: Does the word for a military "division" use the character for "year"and then another? The only "words" I have learned to read in Chinese are for day, month, year. :blush:

Hi, Rick

The script written by the regiment commander is so careless that the 'division' is like 'year'. In Chinese, year is '年', month is '月', day is '日', and division is '师'

Yours, Tang Si

Guest Rick Research

Thanks! :beer: My computer cannot "see" Chinese characters typed into text--only little empty boxes where characters are typed in.

The same with Russian, but we have found a way to "trick" the computers into seeing Cyrillic HERE on the website.