News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Scottish Reserve Regiment (Or posibly Battalion?)

I've been seeing a cap or beret badge consisting of a thistle between 2 fronds, or one could call it a wreath, in white metal.

The caption has been either Scottish Reserve Battalion or Regiment.

The search for information on the web has been futile so far. :banger: I thought I'd try here.

Anyone have any info? Mostly interested in WW2 and after, but any info would be appreciated.

Edited by Siegfried von Funk

SvF,

This badge badge belongs to the Royal Scottish Reserve Regiment, which was formed in March 1900. It was one of several Reserve Regiments formed during the Boer War from old soldiers, who were no longer required as they had already complete their terms of both Regular and Reserve service.

The period of enlistment into a Royal Reserve Regiment was generally for a year and I'm lucky enough to have in my collection some service documents to a Thomas Beattie who had served in the Royal Scots from the 24th August 1881 to the 19th December 1893. Having completed 12years regular service he was not required to do any further Reserve service.

On the 7th April 1901 at the age of 40years he opted to enlist again for one year into the 2nd Bn, Royal Scottish Reserve Regiment.

Graham.

SvF,

This badge badge belongs to the Royal Scottish Reserve Regiment, which was formed in March 1900. It was one of several Reserve Regiments formed during the Boer War from old soldiers, who were no longer required as they had already complete their terms of both Regular and Reserve service.

The period of enlistment into a Royal Reserve Regiment was generally for a year and I'm lucky enough to have in my collection some service documents to a Thomas Beattie who had served in the Royal Scots from the 24th August 1881 to the 19th December 1893. Having completed 12years regular service he was not required to do any further Reserve service.

On the 7th April 1901 at the age of 40years he opted to enlist again for one year into the 2nd Bn, Royal Scottish Reserve Regiment.

Graham.

OK, thanks for that. It's exactly what I needed to know.