News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• 2 weeks later...
    Guest Rick Research

Ah yes... everybody here knows how "funny" I am about Tamaras--

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=1032

YOURS is the first and only 1917 Georgian Legion BADGE type, made by Godet, that I have ever seen. jumping.giflove.gifjumping.giflove.gifjumping.giflove.gif

I have a xerox of the award document that came with this Legion type, in a group sold here in America in the early 1980s. I've been waiting for that group to show back up on the market ever since. I don't mind living to be 146 years old, if I have to.

Rick

Guest Rick Research

Thilly! The Good Ricky knows allllllllll types of Tamaras-- it is the silver rays, gold center, and black lacquer in the center, the type originally given to the "Georgian" (mostly Azerbaijani) defectors, German cadre, and some important military celebrities.

K?st made these in 1917 as well-- but different hat drapery and no black lacquer.

That's how REAL "Legion" stars (of which I've only seen the one come up for sale in 25 years and that was... 25 years ago***) and the 1919 German-made ones for the 1918 Georgian campaign can be told apart.

The one just shown is either the SECOND "Legion" badge (it was then a unit distinctive and not an "award") I have seen in all this time, or it is the same one from long ago-- ***if it came with fancy document to Lt. (dR) Otto Oelssner, sold by Jack Sweetman in November 1981.

Elephants and Good Rickys NEVER forget. cool.gif