News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Austrian WWI ring

Carol I

Thanks for the reply. What about the hat? Is it also of the enlisted variety?

What would the colour of his collar have been if he was connected with the military postal service (as legend went in the family)?

Thanks for the reply. What about the hat? Is it also of the enlisted variety?

It looks like a brass Kokarde with a cutout FJ, an EM one. The officers' were bullion.

• 1 year later...
    • 1 year later...
    • 2 years later...

I would like to dig up this old thread and ask you what decorations would this man have received during his service which lasted until about WWI (beginning or end - not clear). Based on the photo, it was already established that he received the 1898 Jubilee Medal for the Armed Forces. Given the length of his service, I would suspect that he also received the 1908 Jubileum Cross. Is this supposition reasonable? Anything else, like a long service decoration or something similar?

Thanks in advance for your help

34035959gc2.jpg

May I ask again for your help to identify the details (rank and decoration)?

• 9 months later...