News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• 1 month later...

Hi,

von Berchem in volume 6 pages 52 and 99

Lt K?stner volume 14, page 80

Lt. d.R. K?stner volume 15 page 18

Thanks!! :cheers:

One question though... Now that I know where to look in these materials, can someone aim me in the direction of where to go about actually finding these materials for the references themselves?

--Chris

Thanks!! :cheers:

One question though... Now that I know where to look in these materials, can someone aim me in the direction of where to go about actually finding these materials for the references themselves?

--Chris

There is a German guy offering all 38 volumes on a DVD.

I will dig up he details. Every collector should have these.

• 1 year later...
    • 2 months later...

Hi Chris,

Just came across this topic.

Anything on Lt.K.Nagel? I recently purchased a 1914 EK1. On the reverse is engraved Lt. K. Nagel 5.7.16

Many thanks

Regards

Kris

... It is a copy of the index for the 36 volumes of the Reichsarchive history of WW1.

In it are 16 000 names of mainly officers, but also other ranks who are mentioned in the books. Also the volume and page number. ...

Chris,

on the bottom of following link there is an alphabetical name-index - these are the same names?

http://home.foni.net/~adelsforschung/schlacht00.htm

Best regards,

Jens

Chris,

on the bottom of following link there is an alphabetical name-index - these are the same names?

http://home.foni.net/~adelsforschung/schlacht00.htm

Best regards,

Jens

Hi Jens,

Am I right that they only supply the archive details where the records are located ? If so, how does one obtain copies of the records ?

Sorry to sound stupid but I had to use translation software.

Regards

Kris

Hi Jens,

Am I right that they only supply the archive details where the records are located ? If so, how does one obtain copies of the records ? Regards Kris

Hi Kris, yes you are right, he is selling just the information (each name 19 Euro) ! :o

... here in english: http://home.foni.net/~adelsforschung/index5.htm

Sometimes I just take a quick view to the Ranklist names:

http://home.foni.net/~adelsforschung/ind03.htm

... and if the name is listed I take a closer look into my book! ;)

Best regards, :cheers:

Jens

Hi,

there are a few Nagels

A LT in volume 29 page 111

Lt Nagel in Bay Inf Regt 22 in volume 30 page 56

Lt dR volume 15 page 182

Lt dR Inf Regt 93 volume 21 page 76

Lt dR Inf Regt 157 volume 21 page 143

Offz Stellv in volume 13 page 113

Best

Chris

• 2 weeks later...
    Guest Rick Research

Oberleutnant dR Heinrich Wiest of Landwehr Sanit?ts Kompagnie 30 received the Baden Z?hringen Lion-Knight 2nd Class with Swords (BZ3bX) on 3 September 1915.

Chris's source extracts unit history mentions, basically, of Super Heroes being named for some extraordinary action... NOT run of the mill stuff.

Oberleutnant dR Heinrich Wiest of Landwehr Sanit?ts Kompagnie 30 received the Baden Z?hringen Lion-Knight 2nd Class with Swords (BZ3bX) on 3 September 1915.

Chris's source extracts unit history mentions, basically, of Super Heroes being named for some extraordinary action... NOT run of the mill stuff.

Hi,

not in all cases, often they are just a simple leutnant whose name is mentioned because he commanded a section, many Generals and super heroes have no mention while the simple fact that one was a company commander in the right place and time or Gefreiter who got an EK1 MAY have gotten you onto the list.

As the reichsarchive books are (each) so very different in their formats, different volumes (for different battles) mentions very different kinds of men.

It is VERY hit and miss, but if you ARE lucky enough to find a mention, it is pretty cool.