News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

The other piece worth attention is probably at the opposite extreme as an attention geter; but I think that it is worth mention.

The “Hindenburg Cross” for next of kin is rare enough, even more so as a mini, but very very rarely in a group. I apologize for

the quality of the photo, but being all black, the detail just won’t come through.

• 5 weeks later...

This mini drives me nuts!violent.gif

I just can't (also many others) ID this cross.

I posted it up on OMSA and there is few "suspects". First at all can it be a French Croix de Lorraine from WW2 period? Some people refer that the style looks more likley German, so can't beshame.gif

Or can it be something from Slovakia? But in this case what period....

OR is it related to the Lorraine region. The German manufacturing style and maybe the period after the Franco-Prussian War when part of Lorraine was under German control?

Any ideas here?

• 2 months later...

Hmm, this thread have been much too quiet for a few months now.

Let me show you a nice recent addition, the Albrechts Orden, Ritterkreuz 1. Klasse mit Schwertern am Ring, 1876-1918. Information gathered from an older Thies cataloque states that only 3 of these were awarded in Gold, and another 8 in Silver gilt, so I would say that this is not something you see every day. This miniature is gilted Silver. Enjoy!

Regards, Lars

Ahh, Wild Card.

Still trying to figure out how to vote. But meanwhile you could do a little thinking as well.

I have had this for some time, a nice Saxon Order of Ernestine, a Gold badge with an "E" for Sachsen-Coburg-Gotha.

So I was quite happy to add the following to my collection, a K2 of the same Order, again the rare type with the "E" for Sachsen-Coburg-Gotha.

But wait! If I know my history correctly they changed this Order in 1864. The K2 was introduced but at the same time they abandoned the habit of using these small letters.

So how can this exist?

Either I have misunderstood the concept and my history or the maker have misunderstood something. But if this is the case another maker have made the same mistake, because ..

... in the Military Museum in Brussels they have these two miniatures on display, two K2's the the letter "E", this time actually laid into the enamel (photo courtesy of a friend).

Regards, Lars

Edited by larsb001

Hello larsb001,

I would have to agree with your observation. It would be easy to say that it is some kind of mistake but the second example,

from the museum in Brussels, says to me that there is more to it than that.

To be honest, there is nothing that I know less about in the area of Imperial German awards than Saxony. :blush: Hopefully some of

our more knowledgeable members have the answer.

Stogie! Are you out there?

Best wishes,

Wild Card

This mini drives me nuts!violent.gif

I just can't (also many others) ID this cross.

I posted it up on OMSA and there is few "suspects". First at all can it be a French Croix de Lorraine from WW2 period? Some people refer that the style looks more likley German, so can't beshame.gif

Or can it be something from Slovakia? But in this case what period....

OR is it related to the Lorraine region. The German manufacturing style and maybe the period after the Franco-Prussian War when part of Lorraine was under German control?

Any ideas here?

Isn't that somethin austrian for field-priests?

• 1 year later...

The macroscopic pictures is pitiless for the mini...

:cheers:

So true, so true.

I'm sorry Gentlemen, I have something quite unique that I wanted to post,

but can not seem to overcome these ridiculous size constraints. :banger: