News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

rujab,

That is a beautiful and certainly unique chain. Surely it must be identifiable. The Hussein 1904 arts and science medal is the classic example of the art deco theme that we see in several other Hussein medals of that era. This influence is no doubt reflective of the Hussein royal family’s well known dedication (to this day) to the arts.

One question - am i Seeing two Philip’s Order crosses there?

Finally, please don’t think that your other minis in posts #248 and #249 are not appreciated. Since I, for one, will probably never see the full size version of these medals, it is nice to see them as such well done minis.

Regards,

Wild Card

Hallo Wild Card

The big brother…

The 1 Philipp is a Komthurkreuz

The 2 Philipp is a knight cross 1 class

Regards

Rudi

You are right, art nouveau are marvelously

I love it

• 2 months later...

No order, only two small decorations for long service - but for me the golden one never seen before... Does anyone of you have a golden one, too, and would show me for comparison? Thx

regards

westfale

Not what it appears to be (Prussian long service cross) at first glance. Actually this is a Hessen-Kassel 25 year long service cross for officers.

These crosses were awarded from 1849 to 1866, so there are not many of them around; and this is is the only mini of this award that I can

recall having ever seen.

Are you sure this is from Kassel?

From here, it looks like a dark blue ribbon and a "III." below the "FW", while the Kassel cross had a purple (or red) with yellow ribbon - and a "FW I." cypher.

Posted (edited) · Hidden by Wild Card, June 25, 2011 - wrong alignment
    Hidden by Wild Card, June 25, 2011 - wrong alignment

:banger:

From here, it looks like a dark blue ribbon and a "III." below the "FW", while the Kassel cross had a purple (or red) with yellow ribbon - and a "FW I." cypher.

You are 100% correct! I realized when I bought the set that the ribbon on the mini was wrong, but attributed this to age...

Here is what we should be seeing , correct ribbon and all -

Edited by Wild Card

Saschaw,

You are 100% correct! I realized when I bought the set that the ribbon on the mini was wrong, but attributed this to age...

Here is what we should be seeing , correct ribbon and all -

Hello,

Impressive minis you have there Wild Card. Tell me where do you find such beauties ? I have never seen a combo like this. Thanks for sharing these gems with us :jumping:

Christophe

Please read my above post.

I owe you an apology and something worth looking at.

Off to where some good minis live in the morning.

I will be back soon - :blush: