News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• 2 months later...

Just aquired an early Christmas gift for myself!

Let me present a superb group from the early wars with 3 miniatures artistic mounted from a silver bar :

Fürstentum Reuss: Ehrenkreuz für die Feldzüge 1814/1815, Austria: Silbernes Zivilehrenkreuz 1814, Fürstentum Schwarzburg-Rudolstadt: Erinnerungskreuz für 1814/15. The Austrian cross appears to be quite rare with only 149 awards according ti the litterature I have. The group was darker than black when I got it, but with a gentle cleaning we can see some fine details, especially of the Schwarzburg cross.

G2.jpg

G1.jpg

• 1 month later...

Gentlemen,

Another recent addition - presumably a short service regular soldier/NCO who then served in the reserves.

• Prussia Military Honour Medal , 2nd Class (pre or post 1864?) - or Merit Medal?

• 1870-71 Prussian War with France Medal

• 1866 Prussia Königgrätz Cross, dated 3 July – Combatants Cross

• Wilhelm I Centenary Medal 1897

• Prussia Military Long Service Badge 3rd Class (9 years) - Regular Army

• Prussia Military Long Service Badge 2nd Class (15 years) - Landwehr

I am slightly confused with the first medal - is it the MiIitary Honour medal if so it would seem to predate the rest of the group which seems wrong or is the later Prussian Merit Medal?

Many thanks,

Owain

German Miniatures x 6 Obverse.jpg

German Miniatures x 6 Reverse.jpg

34 minutes ago, oamotme said:
    •  

I am slightly confused with the first medal - is it the MiIitary Honour medal if so it would seem to predate the rest of the group which seems wrong or is the later Prussian Merit Medal?

It is the Prussian General Honor Medal, which was probably awarded after the others, I believe it could be awarded either to long serving soldiers or to civil servants.

Beau, Many thanks for this clarification. Was this a purely military award which he would have received possibly as a Landwehr NCO or as a civilian not necessarily a government employee? Owain

Edited by oamotme

7 hours ago, oamotme said:

Gentlemen,

Another recent addition - presumably a short service regular soldier/NCO who then served in the reserves.

• Prussia Military Honour Medal , 2nd Class (pre or post 1864?) - or Merit Medal?

• 1870-71 Prussian War with France Medal

• 1866 Prussia Königgrätz Cross, dated 3 July – Combatants Cross

• Wilhelm I Centenary Medal 1897

• Prussia Military Long Service Badge 3rd Class (9 years) - Regular Army

• Prussia Military Long Service Badge 2nd Class (15 years) - Landwehr

Many thanks,

Owain

German Miniatures x 6 Obverse.jpg

German Miniatures x 6 Reverse.jpg

Hi Owain,

small correction, it´s the long service clasp 2nd class for 15 years service

Maine difference Silver clasp and white side stripes, 

3rd class black clasp Silver rim and black side stripes

http://www.ehrenzeichen-orden.de/deutsche-staaten/dienstauszeichnung-2-klasse-1825.html

Kind regards
    Andreas

• 1 month later...
    • 1 month later...

Hi,

one of my favorites, not often seen before and now at my home ;) :

Landwehr-Dienstauszeichnung Württemberg 2nd class miniature and the inofficial enameled version!

hope you like it!

regards and a nice weekend

westfale

LDA2 Würtemmberg Mini 1.jpg

LDA2 Württemberg Mini 2.jpg

Westfale, I like it! I'm also quite taken by these small enamelled bars. If you're interested in Württemberg I can show you a enamelled 9 years service bar for NCO's 1874-1892! I suspect this is more common than yours.

/ Lars

58fa7b9550800_GMIC3681-A.jpg.f88dff6827caba7635e9f463363725fc.jpg

Edited by larsb001

12 hours ago, larsb001 said:

Westfale, I like it! I'm also quite taken by these small enamelled bars. If you're interested in Württemberg I can show you a enamelled 9 years service bar for NCO's 1874-1892! I suspect this is more common than yours.

/ Lars

58fa7b9550800_GMIC3681-A.jpg.f88dff6827caba7635e9f463363725fc.jpg

Really nice, too! Thanks for showing, Lars!!

Aus dem Nachlass des

Korvettenkapitäns a. D. Fritz Constantin Carl Freiherrn von Malapert gen. von Neufville.

Ordensminiatur der adeligen uralten Gesellschaft des Hauses Frauenstein

malapert_0158.jpg

• 1 month later...

Gentlemen,

Now for something a little (no pun intended) different which I don’t think that I have posted before. Here, we have a miniature to the Saxony-Coburg-Saafeld 5th army corps vol. officer’s medal, 1814. 130 of these medals were awarded in 1815.

Unfortunately, I cannot get a clear image of the iron center but can state that all of the lines of text on the reverse are identifiable and at least half of the text is actually readable under a magnifier.

Regards,

Wild Card

M2437.921105.jpg

M2437.921105A.jpg