News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi Guys, here are a few stickpins pertaining to the aviators,Ferg1

004-4.jpg

Hello Ferg1.

I took a closer look at one of your previous posts as I recently got this chain:

Although I'm not 100% sure about the originality of this combination I wanted a few of the items on this. One of them beeing what resembles the aviator badge but with the car in the center. I've been through my litterature including various auction catalogues but cannot really figure out exactly what this is. If you know, could you please enlighten me (or if somebody else knows ..)?

Regards, Lars

Hi Lars, it's really good to see another one of these, it is the first one I have seen since I bought mine around ten years ago.It is quite a strange thing and I am not 100% sure what it is either. someone once said it was a motor organisation/association from the war/post war period.?? It is clearly an observer badge with a finely detailed motor car in place of the centre plaque. Mine is a two piece (car riveted onto badge seperately) is yours two piece? Can I see a picture of reverse please. Anyone else shed some light on this badge ? Ferg1.

...someone once said it was a motor organisation/association from the war/post war period.?? It is clearly an observer badge with a finely detailed motor car in place of the centre plaque. Mine is a two piece (car riveted onto badge seperately) is yours two piece? Can I see a picture of reverse please. Anyone else shed some light on this badge ? Ferg1.

Just an opinion here. the presence of the Imperial crown suggests to me that while the mini may be post war, the organization that it represents is pre 1918.

Hi Lars, it's really good to see another one of these, it is the first one I have seen since I bought mine around ten years ago.It is quite a strange thing and I am not 100% sure what it is either. someone once said it was a motor organisation/association from the war/post war period.?? It is clearly an observer badge with a finely detailed motor car in place of the centre plaque. Mine is a two piece (car riveted onto badge seperately) is yours two piece? Can I see a picture of reverse please. Anyone else shed some light on this badge ? Ferg1.

Hi Ferg1.

Sorry for the delay but here's the reverse. This is also a two piece contruction with the car separately beeing added and although unmarked it appears to be silver. You can clearly see where the car have been added.

Rgds, Lars

Hello RAO,

I do not have to tell you what a fantastically rare mini you have there. :love: I do think, however, that the workmanship in this piece merits special comment.

It would have been much easier to build the cross and band as one piece. Here you have a band that properly weaves over and under the arms and has the hinges showing as well! Sometimes the detail of the reverse of a mini best reflects the attention to detail and effort of the jeweler/artist.

Thank you for sharing another ?this is probably the only one of these that you will ever see? piece with us.

Best wishes, :beer:

Wild Card

• 4 weeks later...

After receiving this wounderful mini from Godet I would like to show it. It is amazing how detailed the enamel part is, especially if you know its measurement of 15x5mm! In the past years I have seen a handfull painted, but no one with enamel, so it took not much time to buy... :rolleyes:

First the front, 2nd rearside.

Hope you like it, too...

regards

westfale

Edited by westfale

Lovely enamel-work :love: Here's one with plain reverse on the button and slightly different . My knowledge in Imp. ribbons is limited, as well as the various classes of long service. Despite several attempts I haven't figured out the ribbon. Suggestions?

cheers

Peter

Hi Peter,

this is the mini of the prussian service-bar 2nd class (for 15 years); black (=iron) border for 3rd, white (=silver) for 2nd and yellow (=gold) for 1st class.

here the mini (without bar) for the 3rd class:

regards

westfale

Edited by westfale

• 4 months later...