News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

New Air Force Award Unveiled

• Replies 60
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Darrell

Ah, so that's what the backside looks like!

Um, Darrell, may I please use the image on my site?

No problem. If you want go for it :cheers:

The medal itself may be interesting due its unique ribbon and its path back into history, but awarding a medal for being shot at is, in my opinion, completely crazy, as the most US awards are nowadays. Its just too much ribbons and medals for almost nothing, except some of the serious ones like the MoH, Silver Star, DSC etc. They begin like we in WW1, as the Iron Cross 1914 moved from a gallantry award into a "War Commemoration Cross" because of just too many handed out for almost nothing.

Edited by JensF.

In whimsical mood, is it preferable to have a medal for being shot at or one for failing to duck?

Yet the 'Enemy Marksmanship Award' known as the Purple Heart is a highly-regarded award high in the US order of precedence.

• 8 years later...

This is old news.  The colors of the ribbon have something to do with Eddie Riddenbacher.  The USAF is the most broken branch of the US military when it comes to awards.  You can get a ribbon for shinning your shoes the best in basic training.  I laugh anytime the the air forces introduces a new award to help their egos.  They just made another medal for guarding nukes also.